Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Things Your Mother Told You

This topic contains 93 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

You know growing up my mother said that if you mix bleach and ammonia a poisonous gas will form and you could die. (True)

I thought it would be funny to start a thread about the things you were told when you were young whether it was true or false.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Poinsettias are poisonous to eat. (False)

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

If you swallow a watermelon seed it'll grow in your belly. (TOTALLY FALSE) LOL!

Great idea Mandy!
          You must be certain your dishes are 100% completely dry (not even one teeny drop of water) before you put them away or you will attract ants. (false)

Linda

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

LOL good ones!

If you keep making that face it will stay that way! (False)

LOL

Less is more eye makeup. (true and false)

Don't play outside during a lightning storm. (true)

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

When my mom thought we were lying, she would say, Stick out your tongue. If it's purple, I'll know that you're lying. (FALSE)

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

white lines on your nails are lying marks (false)

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Lol Manda, my mom would say don't go swimming during a lightning storm. (True)

Snagg1
                    Send PM

If you cross your eyes they'll get stuck that way (false I think LOL)

Snagg1
                      Send PM

If you eat carrots you will be able to see in the dark (false)

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Thunder wasn't anything to be afraid of because it is just Angels bowling (true!) LMBO!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Poinsettias are poisonous to eat. (False)

True for dogs  =o)

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Don't drink milk with pork, watermelon or fish or you'll get the runs. Won't try it to this day so I don't know if it's true or false. :P

Krissy
                            Krissy
                            Swirly Admin
                              Send PM

Don't get too close to the TV or you'll hurt your eyes (true!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.