Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges Tiffany's Sketch Challenge entry

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi Swirley Ladies,
    This is my very first challenge entry, EVER! I have spent the last 2 years cruising these gorgeous galleries and purchasing kits but not using them (what if they contain the very LAST beautiful papers ever made and I make a mess of them?) My New Year's Resolutions were to use the pretty paper and bling and enter a challenge. So here I am.

When the Tiffany's kit was announced, I knew instantly I had to have it to use with this pic. this is my youngest at the end of her Sweet 16 party, glass slippers tossed aside. Her dress was Tiffany blue and she looked like Cinderella. Back then, (she is now 21) I scrapped it on solid paper !amazed at least it was glitter paper. To make sure I didn't worry about that last gorgeous piece of paper everthing, I ordered the pp add on so I had extra.

I used the embossing powder from the mediums add on for the chipboard (stash) and butterflies, gorgeous. Using the blending tool, I pounced the Radiant Rain from the kit on a mask, then lightly inked to soften. Since I was thinking Cinderella, I LOVED the resin staircase, would have left a glass slipper on it if I could have.

I enjoyed every minute creating this layout(and it took a LOT of minutes) Thanks to all of you Swirley ladies who inspire with your kits, sketches, layouts, cards, techniques, VIDEOS ( I eagerly await Rae's videos every week!) and blog hops!
    Joan

And apparently posted in the wrong place. And failed to upload the pic. Since my tech guru is away at college, HELP!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hi Joan! So glad you've decided to join us on the forums and do one of the challenges! I can hardly wait to see your layout. Don't worry about getting it posted wrong, we all have done that! One of the Administrators can remove your post.

In order to get it in the right place, go back to the Challenges Forum, left click on Tiffany's Sketch Challenge (not the entry you made – the other one) and scroll way down to the bottom where it says Quick Reply. Click on the preview button. Put your comments in the reply box and then go to the section where it says attach file or image and click on choose file. Then you can pick your LO from the file on your computer. (Make sure you have resized it to 600 pixels or 350 KB or it won't show up.) Right below there you'll see a little box that says preview, left click on it to preview your post and see if the photo loaded properly. If not, it's probably too big and needs to be made smaller. Once you're happy with your post, click reply to thread.

You will also want to load the photo in the gallery. For that you look over on the lefthand side of the computer screen at the Site Links and click on Gallery. If you haven't registered, you will need to do so to get into the gallery. Then scroll down to the Swirlydoos Sketch Challenge and upload your LO to the Tiffany's one. Hope this helps.

Hi Linda, thanks so much for those great instructions, I got the layout loaded into the forum, but when I try to load it into the gallery, I'm stuck. Would you be so kind as to walk me through that too? You are a Swirly Angel!
      Joan

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Sure! Just give a couple of seconds to work it out. Are you registered for the gallery?

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Once you're registered, click on Gallery and scroll down to the blue bar that says Swirlydoos Sketch Challenges. Click on Tiffany's. Right below the Swirlydoos logo, you will see a row of links – click on upload file. Then you click on browse and grab your file from your computer. Click on Continue. On this page you can give your layout a title and a description, as well as tag for search engines. Once you're done that, click on apply changesand if you go back to the Sketch Gallery and refresh it, you should see your layout. This is how I do it, but maybe someone else out there has a better way?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.