Home Forums Scrap Chat Product Reviews Timmy Distress Markers

This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Now that you guys have them, what do you think?

I LOVE them. I just used them with a water pen, and this SAVED my round robin layout. I thought I was going to have to start over and ruin a beautiful piece of Glitz paper. I suck at gesso and stenciling- I put too much on this time, and the image was blurry. I thought I just might color the gesso with the markers, and it looked TERRIBLE. I also suck at coloring! Anyway, I remembered that these are water based, and took a water pen over the marker, and Voila: it made the funky gesso mess look pretty cool! I can't wait to finish my page and post it on Monday so you can see what I'm talking about. 🙂

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

SO cool Rae!!! Can't wait to see!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Rae, I can't wait myself!!!! Any sneaks?
          I've been playing with mine for a bit, I'm loving the watercolor technique. Like you, I suck at coloring, but these are pretty forgiving. Love the colors, too!!!!!

Peggy I think you style has grown in leaps and bounds in the last year but I don't think you have much more room for badges. I think you need to start doing tutorials of the stuff you do. I expecially want to know how to do those pine tree page. Your work is so awesome.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Kathy, thanks so much for saying that!!! !heart

I have not played with mine YET. Hopefully I will have some time this weekend to bust them out and really use them a bit. I want to get at least 2-3 pages done!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I did play a bit at my LSS, several of us were experimenting with them for a bit. I forgot to mention the stamp technique: the results are gorgeous!!!!
              Like Manda, I'm just pressed for time. I've taken out my March tech project to work on, then one more thing, THEN I'll pack up March and get started on April.

I managed to play a bit, but I got some ideas in the process! ;)

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Manda, can't wait to see your ideas!!!! 🙂

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I haven't pulled mine out yet. maybe i'll get to play with them over the weekend.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I love my Timmy Distress markers!! I would like some more of the neutral colors. I figure I wouldn't use the reds, greens, blues, etc, because I very rarely use the distress pads. Or maybe you all have to show me something in order for me to actually pull them out and use them!

I got mine…pulled out one to try. My oldest daughter was standing next to me…

OMG those are so COOL!!!!! and I haven't seen them since.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Christy, serious?????
                      LOL

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

they look like so much fun to play with, but I haven't gotten my hands on them yet!

Just got them today, hopefully get to play with them soon. At the rate I'm going, it may be a while.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.