This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by talkis talkis 2 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    msjan1
    msjan1
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Well, the savages snagged all the flower add ons for the June kit so I had to make my own!

Here’s a look at them.

I used to sew my daughter’s Easter and Christmas dresses when she was younger and I have a lot of sewing patterns that I no longer use. But, now I do have a use for them! I made these flowers out of sewing pattern tissue paper. Very simple. Even if you don’t sew, you can pick up old patterns at garage sales.
      Keep the sewing pattern folded so you get many die cut layers all at once. I used the TH Tattered Florals die.

Then, pull out about half of the layers that have been cut. Here’s a quick look at how many I pulled out to create the flowers.

Next, you will need to use a hole punch to make a hole through the center of all the layers.

Now, put a metal brad through the hole to secure all the layers together. Then, you can begin gathering up the layers around the brad.

Continue scrunching up layers of tissue around the brad, like so.

After I pulled and scrunched about 15-20 layers, the flower looked like this.

Now, once the center is created it’s okay to begin pulling up multiple layers and scrunching them to fill out the flower.

There you have it! I used two different sizes on the sketch challenge and they worked perfect. The tissue flowers are perfect for heritage pages.

Give it a whirl! I’d love to see what you create!

droopidog
      droopidog
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Great idea Jan. Thanks for sharing your technique with us.

Kim
        My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
        http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Peggy
        Peggy
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Dang those Savages!!!!!
          But if this gorgeous flower is the result, well…

Jan, seriously, thanks for this one. I love the results of the many, many layers!!! This is a mooost try for me!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Angelica
          Angelica
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

How did I miss this!!! Awesome tut. Jan!!

msjan1
            msjan1
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Thank you, Ang!

talkis
              talkis
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I love your Flowers TFS your Idea

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.