Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements to come up with Christmas tagsn for each month then that they become the 12th days ofn Christmas.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Since I WANT to participaten in this christmay tag chellenge heathy issues I don't do short deadlies. I HAVE SO EXCITED TO BE SCRAPPING WITH ALL THE WONDERFUL LEADING ARTSISTS IN SWWIRLYDOOS. wOULDE IT BE POSSIBLE THAT i COULD START 12 MONTH OF CHISTRISTMAS THAT coULD be coNSOLIDATED INTO THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS. what do you think? i have spent the last 12 months shopping and I am sure i could come up with a nice prize, I will need to coordinate with someone who does the Tim's 12 days because I love what i saw. Any ideas???? What do you think — tell me the truth it will hurt my feeligs for a short time — I dont stay angry long. 🙂 Help I am not sure what I am volunteerings for. As a person with medicall disabilities I have to think of the challenge in Little pieces so I can succeed. HELP????? i WOULD really love to work with this all year long. Anyone else?? I have gotten wonderful pm's from others feeling like with me and i think we can do both. The wonderful women in Swirlydoo makes everything possible it seems.
    Let's keep it going to January since it takes may about one month to get my frozen brain cells heated up. What do you think?

We could set up a 12 month of Christmas Gallery and convert it if we wish t o the 12 days of christmas in December of just have a 12 months to win. Please excuse my typing at night my hands get bad. Thank youf or tolerating my excitement.

ONE THING I dont understand is if Tim gives the instructions for the 12 tags or people create their own within boundaries, Is it possible we could go back like 5 years and use this 12 days then. i am sure i would have to get his permission. I just don't know because I have never seen them before now.%-6

If I did not do this the right way I appologize. I was reading about Krissy and the DD wanting members to do things that interest them. This really instrests me especially because I still don't have the December kit. It is hard to meet challenge deadlines without a kit.

I am so grateful that I Found Swirlydoos where all kinds of people fit in. I am lucky to have made new friends who give me ideas, answer questions and take away from their time. I truly see Swirlydoo becoming the number one scrapping club.

Since I wrote a preview and it didn't go out I am sorry I wanted this to go to Krissy and the DDs. If I upsset someone I apologize but I am so much further along using this forum. My hubby was the ohly one who could do that stuff and kept it too himself so I am leaing not just about scrapping but about how to use puter.

I was not able to go to Christmas Eve because of my health but my son picked up the presents. I sent my gingerbread page and he said they all talked about when we use to do gingerbreAD houses together with all our families. I also sent a santa hat that was santa caught upside down in a chimney and he took a picture of everyone wearing it and made it into a family picture. Sounded like I missed a fun time but I will be making a l/o of it.

I was thinking a lot about Joyc this weekend. I remember the first Christmas after my huby passed and every first time event was so hard. I know you are all keeping prayers being sent for Joy. I hope she felt our love and God's comforting around her family.

I wish you all a happy and healthy 2012. I hope for many of us the problems and pains of 2011 stay in 2011 and we move forward for a blessed and exciting 2012. God Bless all.

I tried to send this just o Krissy and the DD so if someone can help me just do that I would be very appreciative. TY I could offer a gift certificate for $50 to the Swirly store. What do you think?

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I'm not sure if I completely understood everything in your post, but basically you are wanting to start a challenge whereby everyone would post a Christmas tag once a month, correct?

I followed along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas this year and it was super fun. If you haven't seen his blog posts you can view them here: www.timholtz.typepad.com. In addition to this year's tags, the tags from previous years can be found on the tool bar to the left. TH does provide step-by-step instructions for each tag, however the idea is for you to create a similar tag using the supplies you have on hand (he designs them as he goes, so there is no supply list available beforehand).

Perhaps an idea would be to have a technique featured each month, and for participants to use that technique on their tag, as each night's tag generally features a different technique (some this year included double heat embossing, faux mercury glass oaments, coloring kraft glassine, dry embossing plastic packaging and distressing die cut canvas). This way everyone could let their creativity run wild and they would not be limited by not having certain supplies. It would also make judging easier to not have a bunch of identical tags. I don't think you'd need Tim's permission as since it's published on his blog I *think* it's public domain.

You may also want to consider how/when prizes will be awarded. Will there be voting or a random draw? (As a relative newby I have to say I'm partial to the random draw as it levels the playing field). Will there be a monthly winner or will all the entries for the year be combined and one prize be awarded in December?

Just for myself, I'm a seasonal scrapper, and I probably won't touch any Christmas stuff again until next fall, so that's another consideration regarding participation. I know there was a SQOTW not too long ago regarding whether people scrapped the season they're in, events or whatever they felt like, so it might give you a sense of where the majority lie. That being said, I have to say I had a great time making all the tags I did this month!

Good luck!

That is where my idea came from. I thought I wish I could do that but I am not sure I could do one a day. BUT you are right about the seasons and scrapping. Maybe we could do them following the techniques he teachesbut changing the theme to whatever time of year it is. Maybe our new instruction team could look at the techniques. TY for your comments. I think maybe because I was sick during Christmas I missed doing what I wanted to do and then not getting my kit yet didnt help any. Guess next year comes very quickly.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Tim has said that he doesn't mind people using his creations for classes and things; just give him credit

I did a live class at Swirlydoos camp of a tag I did in one of Tims classes. He gave his blessing and I was able to use the instruction sheets from the class. I just twisted the style to Swirlydoos style!! He LOVED the tags we did and sent me a sweet message letting us know. Just give the man credit!! He will let you use all his ideas!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

hmmmmmmm……a tag a month with a different technique could be fun…..hmmmm and the EDT…..sounds like we could have something brewing here!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
            Send PM

hmmmmmmmmm Who has the Compendium of Curiosities? *raising hand* I do!!

Another hand is seen…..

I do I do!! And it is signed by Timmy himself!! I bought it with me when Kathy, Kathi and I went to the Timmy Tag class. I think we need a new updated one with new techniques!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

He just announced on his blog today there will be a Compendium of Curiosities 2 ****Yay***!

I do!

Yay!! He must have been reading my mind!!!! lol

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Make that 3!!!!!!!!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Me! Me! Me! I won it @ the first annual SwirlyCamp 🙂 and I love it!!!!

There's gonna be a #2? Awesome!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.