Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges Tranquillity All That Flutters Challenge

This topic contains 56 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    GinnyH
    GinnyH
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Hi Ladies!

Using the August kit and Add-ons, Tranquillity, create a scrapbook layout, OTP project, tag or card including anything that ‘flutters’ somewhere within that project i.e butterflies, dragonflies, bees, ladybugs, birds, fairies…. we all have these embellishments…right?

You can share your project here and please put your entry in the Swirlydoos Facebook page gallery All That Flutters August Album. If you don’t have a Facebook account uploading your entry here will still count!

Please note in the description or title it’s for the August ATF challenge.

You can enter as many pages/projects as you wish. I cant wait to see what you come up with!

Closing Date 30th September 2016

Here is an example from me! I will have another later in the week to keep you inspired!

• This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by GinnyH GinnyH.

ginny 🙂

GinnyH
      GinnyH
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

hi ladies, this challenge is now open!
        I can’t wait to see what you come up with this month!

Happy scrapping!

ginny 🙂

droopidog
        droopidog
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Here is one from me.

Kim
          My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Peggy
          Peggy
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

@Ginny – Gorgeous pic, gorgeous page!!! I love the subtle stenciling and the bits of punching around the edges!

@kim – I love the beautiful flow of your design!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

anniescraps
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Ginny & Kim – I saw both of your LO’s on FB first and LOVE them both!

Ginny – The colors are gorgeous, and that photo is amazing!

Kim – Your LO is just beautiful, love those clusters and the way you added the butterfly die cut into the layers of the background.

Peggy
              Peggy
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Here’s my entry…

I wanted a more rustic look for this photo, so I chose to use the reverse side of the Jubilation sheet for my base and the Serenity page for my matting and embellishing.
                First, I fussy cut the flowers that run across the bottom; then I cut the rest of the papers in various sizes to form my matting. These were lightly distressed and inked before being assembled and stapled together and then adhered to my picture.
                Meanwhile, I took out some of the fun pieces that Krissy had included in the main kit: DoCraft Country Life wooden signs, Craftwood picket fencing from Darice and a couple of mini clothespins. The wooden signs were first colored with Ranger Distress Ink in Pumice Stone. When the ink was totally dry, I lightly swiped them with watered down gesso that was left from whitewashing my fence pieces.
                Before gluing the clothespins to the butterflies, I ran a bit of 1/8″ Score Tape along the tops and coated them with the BFS glitter in Army Dust.
                This same glitter was used to coat the Foliage stickers by Queen & Co. that, along with the Magnolia Lane die cut ephemera by Ultimate Crafts, was included in the Embellishment add-on.
                That beautiful water lily by BFS came in the main kit; the Petaloo blooms were part of the Flower add-on.
                The one thing from my stash is Prima’s alphabet stickers from the Divine Collection.

That’s me, my brother Jack and my sister Jean enjoying our meal at the picnic table that our father built just for us in 1952.
                Back in the summer days before air conditioning, my mother would prepare such dishes as potato and macaroni salads and baked beans in the cool of the morning to avoid heating up the house. Dad would cook the meat out on the brick grill next to the picnic table and we would often eat outside. There was a rainy day option – a back porch with windows along one wall that would open up to give us a breeze through the screens.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Peggy Peggy.

msjan1
                msjan1
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Aw, you are so cute, Peggy. Love the fussy cut flowers. Definitely has a rustic feel to it.

msjan1
                  msjan1
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Here’s one from me for All that Flutters.

GinnyH
                    GinnyH
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Here’s my entry…

I wanted a more rustic look for this photo, so I chose to use the reverse side of the Jubilation sheet for my base and the Serenity page for my matting and embellishing.
                      First, I fussy cut the flowers that run across the bottom; then I cut the rest of the papers in various sizes to form my matting. These were lightly distressed and inked before being assembled and stapled together and then adhered to my picture.
                      Meanwhile, I took out some of the fun pieces that Krissy had included in the main kit: DoCraft Country Life wooden signs, Craftwood picket fencing from Darice and a couple of mini clothespins. The wooden signs were first colored with Ranger Distress Ink in Pumice Stone. When the ink was totally dry, I lightly swiped them with watered down gesso that was left from whitewashing my fence pieces.
                      Before gluing the clothespins to the butterflies, I ran a bit of 1/8″ Score Tape along the tops and coated them with the BFS glitter in Army Dust.
                      This same glitter was used to coat the Foliage stickers by Queen & Co. that, along with the Magnolia Lane die cut ephemera by Ultimate Crafts, was included in the Embellishment add-on.
                      That beautiful water lily by BFS came in the main kit; the Petaloo blooms were part of the Flower add-on.
                      The one thing from my stash is Prima’s alphabet stickers from the Divine Collection.

That’s me, my brother Jack and my sister Jean enjoying our meal at the picnic table that our father built just for us in 1952.
                      Back in the summer days before air conditioning, my mother would prepare such dishes as potato and macaroni salads and baked beans in the cool of the morning to avoid heating up the house. Dad would cook the meat out on the brick grill next to the picnic table and we would often eat outside. There was a rainy day option – a back porch with windows along one wall that would open up to give us a breeze through the screens.
                      <hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-452018″ style=”display: none;”>Peggy</span>Quote

Peggy I saw this on Facebook and loved it! Especially the banner with the wood signs and butterflies with the glittered pegs! Gorgeous!

ginny 🙂

Peggy
                      Peggy
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Beautiful!!! I love the contrast of your stenciling and the fantastic butterfly treatment!!!

GinnyH
                        GinnyH
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Here is another from me for inspiration. I used the Die of the Month to create a background behind my photo layering covered with the ‘Magenta’ embossing powder. I then used all of the cut out butterflies around my page, all I did with those is ink the edges with distress Ink Walnut Stain.

ginny 🙂

Peggy
                          Peggy
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Beautiful!!!! I love what you did with the BFS and the Butterfly Cluster die!!!!

droopidog
                            droopidog
                            Swirly Admin
                              Send PM

Peggy, what a darling photo showcased so lovely in your layout.

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

StephD
                              StephD
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Ginny both of your layouts are gorgeous, I love the butterflies on the second one!

Wow Kim your layout and that photo are beautiful!

Jan your layout is so pretty!

Peggy your layout is beautiful, love all the fussy cutting!

droopidog
                                droopidog
                                Swirly Admin
                                  Send PM

Another great layout Ginny.

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.