Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges Trash to Treasure Challenge

This topic contains 87 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Have you ripped into your kit yet? You have? Awesome. Did you keep the packaging and plastic bits and all, that all those precious trinkets, bits and baubles, flowers, and what nots came in? EVEN BETTER.

'Cause this month we are going trashy. (In a beautiful way, of course!)

Here's the challenge:
      Using packaging from ANY kit you have from Swirlydoos, create a project that is almost totally embellished by using the leftover packaging from your kits. That's right, the plastic sleeve, the plastic cubby/box like things that cover trinkets, the cardboard insert that backs the flowers, etc.

In my example below, I did use some metal baubles from the kit, but that is about it. I used a sheet of background paper, and then used barcodes from the bottom edge of the paper, the backing to the prima flowers, the plastic cubbies that held the metal bits, etc.

This time, there will only be ONE prize, but you can be entered in as many times as you'd like. Ie., every new project you enter, will enter your name in the running again. Cards, tags, layouts, mixed media, whatever, everything will be counted… and the prize will be Prima, Prima, Prima, Prima!

I will be adding a folder in the gallery, thank you for that awesome suggestion, but please feel free to share the images here as well!!!

Please share in the gallery folder that I have created for this challenge and please tell me which month's kit(s) packaging that you are using in your description.

**Challenge End Date 4/15**

Once the challenged is closed I will pick a random winner using random.org. The winner will receive a RAK from my personal stash! I hope you will play along!!

Here is my example:

[img:width=394&height=1200]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1363021476_970_FT0_challenge1.jpg[/img]

You rock Heidi!!!!!!! love this challenge!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

FUN! Love it, Heidi!

This is soooo FUN!!!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

What a great idea!!!!!!!
          LOVE your example, fun photo, fun design!!!!

Very cool! Love the lo and what about great idea!

Sounds like a cool challenge, Heidi! I hope I get to play this month!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

hahahah!!! I love your challenges Heidi!! Always soooooo out of the box…this time it IS the box though! HA (I'm on fire tonight girls. Just very punny.) lol

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
              Send PM

hahahah!!! I love your challenges Heidi!! Always soooooo out of the box…this time it IS the box though! HA (I'm on fire tonight girls. Just very punny.) lol

You should not quit yur day job…. ;o

Snagg1
                Send PM

Cool challenge–can't wait to get my kit! Im going to be the creepy crafty mailman stalker!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Heidi this is awesome!!!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

🙂 yay! I love that you like it!

Love this!

BUT, Heidi! I JUST cleaned out my room, and I mean DEEP cleaned and trashed all that!!! LOL

I will have to scrounge through my trash bags!

:p

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I love that page, Heidi!! Sounds like a fun challenge!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Love this!

BUT, Heidi! I JUST cleaned out my room, and I mean DEEP cleaned and trashed all that!!! LOL

I will have to scrounge through my trash bags!

:p

LOL, I've been doing the same thing, trying to get ready for a redo of sorts. I guess this is an incentive to stop hoarding so many of our embellies, Manda ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.