Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Trying something new

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

So I decided to try and make a finnabar type canvas and this is my result. not quite sure if I like it or not and would love some constructive criticism on it.I'm thinking maybe my pieces should be closer together maybe?
      [img:width=600&height=496]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1359330163_1061_FT0_finn1_.jpg[/img]

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I like it Steph, but I think you are right. The embellishments should be clustered closer together.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I love the elements that you've used, Steph and the colors are great. But, like Kim, I think you may want to cluster your embellishments on top of each other. If you study Finnbair's work, she has them so close and so coated with ink that it's hard to distinguish most of what she puts down.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I like it too! 🙂 I agree with Kim- the clusters would emulate the Finnabair style more if they were closer together, almost layered or piled on. She mists the whole layout when she's done, covering up just the photo, and is bold enough to do that with some black mist too! She also layers stamps on the edges and under the embellies. (I'm not trying to sound like a know-it-all, those are just the things she shared in her class, which I feel so lucky to go to!) I think it looks awesome as it is though. 🙂

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Beautiful Steph! the only thing I might do is add a few…not many…onto the pic …just a few extra embellishments, just enough to blend the pic into the rest…I think it is so pretty…

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Love the color palate.

I would suggest using modeling paste on and around the embellishments and add new embellies while the paste is still wet. Spray with more ink when done and see how you like that.

Just an option.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Hi Steph! I love all your bits and bobs! The only suggestion I have is to camouflage the edges of your photo or frame them somehow. That's the only detail I noticed. Thanks for sharing Steph!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Finn is all about layers; so as Kim said cluster yours closer and add more layers. just keep layering.

Steph it's a beautiful start!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Thanks so much everyone, all of your suggestions really help. Rae I was trying to remember which of you had taken her course, as I thought yours looked awesome when you showed us!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Steph!!! Wow, it's fabulous!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Okay so I've added more stuff and sprayed more glimmer mist. Does Anna use glimmer mist for spraying or something else? I don't think mine really covers like her pages. Does this look any better or worse? Thanks for the help. 🙂
                          [img:width=600&height=461]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1359408963_1061_FT195516_finn2_.jpg[/img]

I adore it… and good for you for stepping outta the comfort zone. I have a hard time trying new things so good on you girl!

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

I love it too! You have made me want to try it! Looks awesome and very interesting! Great job on this one!

I think it looks great.

She paints over ALL the embellies. Either with glossy or matte medium or something similar, then with sprays and inks.

I really like how you can SEE all the little charms and baubles here!

Krissy
                            Krissy
                            Swirly Admin
                              Send PM

she uses glimmer mists, mists made from the Primary Elements, Perfect Pearls and on, and on. She does like to use black alot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.