This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I so need help!

I'm working on the messy challenge..but nothing is tuing out right.

[img:width=480&height=320]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1356977645_524_FT0_img_8227.jpg[/img]

Problem 1:
    The frame: I spent 3 days working on this and it just isn't a mode cool frame,….it's the vintage same ole same ole look….you can't really see it but here is maybe a better view….

[img:width=480&height=320]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1356977748_524_FT0_img_8231.jpg[/img]

Problem 2.
    I was trying to make some oaments and have them hang from the right side..I was planning on using string gel as a rope and also as a bow..that part I love …after it's colored it will really tu out great..but the oament using bead gel isn't working either!

I've tried two things..one cutting a circle and applying bead gel…which you can see in the first pic…it has no glimmer, shimmer. two tone even though I used two different colors of red mist!

The second attempt trying to fill in with bead gel just looks sloppy and messy..not artsy and fresh!

[img:width=480&height=320]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1356977986_524_FT0_img_8229.jpg[/img]

The circle or dot template I really like and was thinking of putting this in between the frame and another layer on top of it..with the stenciled molding paste coming out from the bottom right of the frame and the top left of the frame..but whatever I'm trying to make a frame with looks terrible..

I so need help. does anyone have any suggestions on problem 1 or 2 or hell…should I just scrap this idea and start all over? :o(

Barbara, I lost you I'm afraid. What do you mean with frame? I don't see your frame

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

The frame is the crumpled piece behind the photo? I like it- is it a perfect oval that you did wet distressing on? If it is a perfect, or near perfect oval, you could cut the picture to fit in there. That would be nice.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I like your idea of using the bead gel, but I haven't used that, so I'm not sure I have any suggestions about it. Maybe you could use glossy accents to trace and for the strings instead? It's definitely more precise to apply.

lol yeah the frame is the crumpled piece..It would look great on a vintage style layout..but it just doesn't go with the mood I'm going for..artsy..mode, etc..

But..I have tried making other frames and they too don't work..I'm in a frame rut!

Snagg1
          Send PM

Barbara, what if you trimmed your photo to fit inside your distressed frame? I would even attempt to bu sections of the photo to add to the distressed effect and help it to fit in the frame.

As far as bead gel….are you using glass bead gel? I love the stuff, but because the glass is clear, you don't really see the sparkle, nor do you really see the beads unless you go over the top of them with something. What if you added rock candy stickles over the top and then took it one step further and added additional glitter while it was still drying?

I agree with Rae on trying glossy accents. You may want to add a bit of color behind it so that the gloss shows up more.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

If you aren't going for a vintage look, I would not use that frame, so I think you are right about that. You could try just matting the pic, then adding a couple of small layers of paper behind it.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Barbara…might I suggest sticking with clean lines and minimal distressing for the frame and picture cluster? When I think of mod I think minimalist.

never used bead gel…no idea what to tell you there. But I adore the stenciled dots. Def go with some of the maybe peeking out from behind your pic?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am working on this today and taking all the suggestions and I'm going to go for it! lol..I scanned the pic so if I mess it up..oh oh well it's safe :o)

Barbara…might I suggest sticking with clean lines and minimal distressing for the frame and picture cluster? When I think of mod I think minimalist.

never used bead gel…no idea what to tell you there. But I adore the stenciled dots. Def go with some of the maybe peeking out from behind your pic?

I completely agree… for me mode is very clean lines, bold contrast but in neutral palettes (such as black, white and gold) and lots of negative space or clear elements (glass, mirrors, clear beads etc.)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.