Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Ultimate Design Challenge – Scrapbook Contest Ultimate Design Challenge – WEEK 1 CHALLENGE

This topic contains 442 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 444 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

width=600

Hello my lovely ladies!!!  Welcome to the first challenge in our six challenge Ultimate Design Challenge! We're so happy to  have you join us in this exciting crafty adventure! 

Your first challenge is issued by Swirlydoos Designer Vicky Alberto and the challenge is:

To create a multi-dimensional embellishment for use on a scrapbook page, card or other altered item

• You must use either a die cut paper or a piece of chipboard as your base shape (does not have to be a birdcage)
      • You must tu that die cut/chipboard into a dimensional (layered) usable embellishment
      • You  must use at least TWO art mediums (gesso, gels, pastes, glazes, paints etc)
      • Your final piece must be showcased on a layout, card or other altered item
      • Post a photo of the embellishment ONLY on this thread, and upload the finished project into the Swirlydoos gallery by the deadline

This project is due by Midnight MST on Saturday, January 19th. Your completed project must be uploaded into the Ultimate Design Challenge – WEEK 1 gallery within the Swirlydoos gallery.

Here, Vicky shows us an example of a multi-dimensional embellishment she has created. You may follow along and create something along these lines, or feel free use your own creative license ?to show us what amazing concepts you have hiding within your self!

width=431

width=444

width=459

width=429

Good luck pretty ladies! We cannot wait to see what you have in store for us!

****NOTE**** We STRONGLY encourage you to post your completed projects in all other major online scrapbook galleries you may be a member of. Be sure to title your project as ***Swirlydoos Kit Club, Ultimate Designer Challenge. Week __*** We will be on the lookout for these entries and will be pulling some random winners for small RAKS throughout the duration of the challenge!

wow Vicky! This is gorgeous! Love the tut and I can't wait to see what everyone creates! Good luck ladies!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Sweet!!

Very cool…..

Vicky! That is just GORGEOUS!!! This will be fun!!!

beautiful Vicky – off to check out my supplies

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Beautiful Vicky…off and running

Beautiful!!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Wow!!! I'm very excited!!!! This challenge will be awesome!…..

Lovely work Vicky!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Gorgeous, Vicky!!

Good luck, ladies!! Can't wait to see what you do!! WOW us!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Beautiful example! Already my wheels are tuing with ideas!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Awesome project!! Can't wait to get started!

Great challenge! Beautiful cage Vicky:)

So Gorgeous Vicky!!!
                  Good luck to all of you. I can not wait to see what you come up with!!!

beautiful Vicky!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 444 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.