Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Ultimate Design Challenge – Scrapbook Contest Ultimate Design Challenge – WEEK 3 CHALLENGE

This topic contains 309 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

width=600

Hello my lovely ladies!!!  Welcome to week 3 in our six challenge Ultimate Design Challenge! We're so happy to  have you join us in this exciting crafty adventure!?

If you have been chosen to move on to round three, you would have received an email earlier this moing. If you did not enter round two you have been eliminated, but you can continue to play along and have a chance to win a small RAK from Swirlydoos by posting your creation to various online galleries as indicated below!

Your THIRD challenge is issued by Swirlydoos Designer Miranda Edney and the challenge is:

Create a tag, card, layout, embellishment or altered project using the metal foil technique shown in Miranda's video.

• Metal foil tape is available in your scrapbook store by Ranger/Tim Holtz
      • Metal foil tape is also available VERY inexpensively at any hardware store
      • You may also use metal sheets by manufacturers such as Ten Seconds Studio if you have that available. The medium must have a metal sheen, and must be embossable.

Here, Miranda shows us how to work with metal foil tape she found at her local hardware store. This medium is incredibly versatile, can be embossed, inked, distressed, and used on almost anything! You do not need to create Miranda's exact project! Feel free use your own creative license to show us what amazing metal foil techniques and concepts you have hiding within your self!?

http://youtu.be/lmCdZ1QfYVY?

This project is due by Midnight MST on Saturday, February 2nd. Your completed project must be uploaded into the Ultimate Design Challenge – WEEK 3 gallery within the Swirlydoos gallery.?

****NOTE**** We STRONGLY encourage you to post your completed projects in all other major online scrapbook galleries you may be a member of. Be sure to title your project as ***Swirlydoos Kit Club, Ultimate Designer Challenge. Week __*** We will be on the lookout for these entries and will be pulling some random winners for small RAKS throughout the duration of the challenge!?

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Awesome tut, Miranda!!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Great tut Miranada. Looks like I will be stopping at Home Depot or Micheal's on the way home from work.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Wonderful! I will enjoy this video because I LOVE the metal foil tape!!!!!!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Excellent challenge!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

This is an awesome challenge!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

What an awesome tutorial. This looks like fun!

Gasp….. Miranda… your video makes me want to have a Home Depot or Michaels in my country.
                  Totally awesome and oh so MANY possibilities.

I can't wait to see your ladies entries!

I am looking forward to this. I brought the metal foil a while ago but have not used it. This will make me face the fear of the new and get it out !

got to go shopping….

This is one of the coolest tutorials I've ever seen!!! Love your frame! And the box too! Awesome. I just did something similar with aluminum foil, alcohol ink and embossing folders for Anna Griffin so this will be fun!!!! Can't wait to see what everyone does with this!!!

;D

Week 3! YAY!!

I didn't see mt email and I got a little sad….but it was hiding from me in the spam folder! Needless to say, I had a little chat with it.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Love the challenge. Gotta head to the hardware store!!

Oh gosh…. you poor ladies!!!!

CHECK YOUR JUNK FOLDER!!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Oh gosh…. you poor ladies!!!!

CHECK YOUR JUNK FOLDER!!

And add Swirlydoos to your contacts and that won't happen!!! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 311 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.