Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Ultimate Design Challenge – Scrapbook Contest Ultimate Design Challenge – WEEK 4 CHALLENGE

This topic contains 276 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

width=600

Hello my lovely ladies!!!  Welcome to week 4 in our six challenge Ultimate Design Challenge! We're so happy to  have you join us in this exciting crafty adventure!?

If you have been chosen to move on to round four, you would have received an email earlier this moing. If you did not enter round three you have been eliminated, but you can continue to play along and have a chance to win a small RAK from Swirlydoos by posting your creation to various online galleries as indicated below!

Your FOURTH challenge is issued by Swirlydoos Designer Lisa Valentine and the challenge is:

Create a TEXTURED CANVAS project, wherein you create your own background using the following techniques and mediums:

• Layering of your mediums
      • Misting
      • Use a mask or template
      • Various texture mediums (Glass beads, modeling paste, gesso, molding paste, etc) Think TEXTURE & LAYERING of your mediums.
      • Paint (doesn't matter what kind)

Here, Lisa shows us how to work with canvas, mists, masks and Glass beads, and other mediums. You do not need to create Lisa's exact project! You MUST however use a canvas, or canvas material as your background! Canvases and the canvas material can be found very inexpensively at any local craft store, or even some big stores such as Wal Mart. Feel free use your own creative license to show us what amazing canvas/multi medium creations you have hiding within your self! Remember that we are looking specifically at the design of your background, how you incorporated and layered different mediums to get the look  you wanted! WOW US!

Two Part Video – BE SURE TO WATCH BOTH!

This project is due by Midnight MST on Saturday, February 9th. Your completed project must be uploaded into the Ultimate Design Challenge – WEEK 4 gallery within the Swirlydoos gallery.

****NOTE**** We STRONGLY encourage you to post your completed projects in all other major online scrapbook galleries you may be a member of. Be sure to title your project as ***Swirlydoos Kit Club, Ultimate Designer Challenge. Week __*** We will be on the lookout for these entries and will be pulling some random winners for small RAKS throughout the duration of the challenge!??

ohhh cant wait to get started… wonderful challange..

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Gorgeous canvas Lisa! Great video. Love to work on canvas! So excited for this!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

BEAUTIFUL! This will be another challenge for me! I've never done a canvas, thanks Lisa, your techniques were awesome, looking forward to trying this!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

This is an awesome challenge! Although, I'm out of the running, I can't wait to get started on this project. Congrats to everyone that received a happy email! I can't wait to see what everyone design.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

YAY!!! Looking forward to this project!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Snagg1
            Send PM

Thanks girls! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I love it, Lisa. I have bead gel!!!

I love this challenge:) 🙂 🙂

Lisa… it is Gorgeous!!!! Awesome video's!!!!

amazing Lisa, can't wait to see what you all come up with 🙂

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Very beautiful canvas Lisa! I'm glad I was playing around with my glass beads and gesso when I did my Finnibair type canvas the other week. Can this be any size canvas or does it have to be a 12×12 canvas?

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

ANY SIZE My dear

Holy Smokes! That is a beautiful canvas Lisa!! Oooh this is gonna be a fun week! Can't wait to play with lots of goopy things! Yay!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

What a BEAUTIFUL canvas! Can't wait to get started on this one!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 278 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.