Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Ultimate Design Challenge – Scrapbook Contest Ultimate Design Challenge – WEEK 5 CHALLENGE

This topic contains 223 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 225 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

width=600

Hello my lovely ladies!!!  Welcome to week 5 in our six challenge Ultimate Design Challenge! We're so happy to  have you join us in this exciting crafty adventure!?

If you have been chosen to move on to round five, you would have received an email earlier this moing. If you did not enter round four you have been eliminated, but you can continue to play along and have a chance to win a small RAK from Swirlydoos by posting your creation to various online galleries as indicated below!

Your FIFTH challenge is issued by Swirlydoos Designer Heidi Kelly and the challenge is:

Create ART JOURNAL PAGES using scrap pieces of paper. Simply follow Heidi's instructions on her video to get an idea of what we're looking for. We want to see what you can do when you don't have much to work with! Specifically we want to see the following:

• Layering
      • Clustering
      • Doodling
      • Using a mask with crackle paint, or other molding/modeling mediums
      • Use Gesso or white acrylic paint for a place to add joualing, or some other design element

Here, Heidi shows us how to create an Art Joual using nothing but scrap peices from leftover projects. You do not need to create Heidi's exact project! You MUST however follow the instructions in Heidi's video, and the basic concepts listed above. We KNOW you are going to ROCK THIS!

You can view Heidi's video here - 

This project is due by Midnight MST on Saturday, February 16th. Your completed project must be uploaded into the Ultimate Design Challenge – WEEK 5 gallery within the Swirlydoos gallery.

****NOTE**** We STRONGLY encourage you to post your completed projects in all other major online scrapbook galleries you may be a member of. Be sure to title your project as ***Swirlydoos Kit Club, Ultimate Designer Challenge. Week __*** We will be on the lookout for these entries and will be pulling some random winners for small RAKS throughout the duration of the challenge!?

Ooooh Heidi what a great tutorial and fabulous joual pages!! I super LOVE art joualing- WOOT gonna be FUN!!

Seriously squealing with excitement….

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I love this so much!

Fabulous challenge and great tutorial Heidi! Can't wait to sit and create:) Thank You sooooo much for letting me play in round 5, I'm so honored and happy:) 🙂 🙂 xoxoxo

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Brilliant!! Great video Heidi.

Yay!! Brilliant tutorial Heidi! 🙂

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

wonderful video Heidi. I have a question, can we add other things to the pages, stamps, flowers etc???

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Yes, I am 99.9% sure, Kathi. You have to use the stuff listed above, and whatever else you like.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

thanks Rae….planning, planning, thinking, thinking!!!! Oh my poor brain!!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I know, right? This seems like an easy challenge, at first…

he hee… your poor brain will think of something FANTASTIC, I'm sure about that!!!

Awesome video Heidi. This is such a FUN challenge!
                  Can't wait to see what you all come up with.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Howdy! This one will be such fun!

So, I have a couple of questions… How many pages would you like to see from us?

Also, I have not been a Swirlydoos member for very long, so I don't have a huge stash of Swirlydoos specific leftovers…. I will use what I have, but can I use other leftovers as well?

The competition is so fierce, I don't want to be eliminated for not following the guidelines! 🙂

Love the video!

Love this one Heidi! heck i may play along just for the kick of it! i have been wanting to start an art joual!
                    Good luck ladies!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.