Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Ultimate Design Challenge – Scrapbook Contest Ultimate Design Challenge – WEEK 5 CHALLENGE

This topic contains 223 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 225 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM
      Quote:
      Hi Guys,

Well here are mine and first im going to apologise for not getting to leaving any love so far this week, i only made it out of hospital late last night and launched into this straight away to try and attempt to get something out there.

I did say i was going to try start an art joual this year to try and develop some texture and other skills which i really have trouble with, but here i have tried to focus on testing out the required techniques all from the scraps on hand nothing new at all and in a grunge style which i really really can not do…. i love flowers and and i love clean organisation…

So i have done as much as i could in the 10 hours i had to play and let all the stuff try dry hmmm think some is still icky and slightly soggy!!

By the way ill get to the gallery after a good deal of rest (yep dad thinks im insane) and guys the entries so far just rock!!!!!
      [img:width=599&height=449]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1361058907_23_FT198358_img_0776_.jpg[/img]

[link]
      [/quote]
      Tammy, that sucks about the hospital, but glad you are out!!!!

And you mentioned insane, well that's what these pages are, insanely awesomely fantastic!!!!! I love the layering and the embellishments that you've scattered around and all of the wonderful grunge!!!!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Well… here is mine. I'm not at all happy with how it tued out but I don't have time to make new pages so here it goes:
        I believe I followed the challenge rules completely. I only used scrap pieces of paper, layered and clustered them, doodled some stitches and stuff, used a mask and my crackled old gesso (note to self: buy new Gesso!) to make bricks and dot banners for dimension and used white acrylic paint for joualing spaces. Made cut out embellishments. I added some paint onto my pages and my cut out hearts like Heidi did in her video.
        This was way out of my comfort zone, never done an art joual page before, ever 🙂 Practice makes perfect right?
        Image2_zps46b5ee92.jpgImage3_zpsc19e735b.jpg

Love your layering and doodling; your masking and glittered edges are fantastic!!!!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Trying this again.
          [url url=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1361065764_131_FT198358_udc_collage.jpg][img:width=600&height=314]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1361065764_131_FT198358_udc_collage_.jpg[/img][/url]

Stunning, Kim!!!! Love the die cuts, love the misting, love the layers and images and that dress form is amazing!!!!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Trying again – my explanation is above – images below (I hope)

All the criteria are on there. The gesso for joualing ended up under the quote and then colored over. I really don't want to add any more joualing on these pages as I enjoyed to process and leaing and doodling too much to overshadow it all.

[img:width=600&height=318]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1361065973_476_FT198358_2013-02-art-joual-follow-.jpg[/img]
            [img:width=450&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1361065973_476_FT198358_2013-02-art-joual-details.jpg[/img]

Oh, my, goodness!!!!! Your layering and inking and those doodled hearts are fantastically amazing!!!! Stunning pages!!!!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

First I goofed on the gallery, I thought all the pics would post together but didn't..boo! So I am so super guilty of posting like 6 freakin pics! LMAO

Below is my joual album beginning with the first page to the last.

[img:width=521&height=502]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1361072010_535_FT198358_sddtchallengewk5.1.jpg[/img]

You've created a gorgeous joual: each and every page so beautiful with your layers and embellies, your bits of joualing and, above all, the wonderful, wonderful colors!!!!!

Think I'm all caught up on the love in the gallery.

Came back from a weekend of FREEZING soccer watching to some absolutely awesome art.
              I love everyone's different takes on Ajing. I hope it inspires you enough to keep at it.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Ok, I do not know why I am hving trouble posting this post. So for the third time…

This is my entry for the art joual challenge. This was my first time creating an art joual. It was a challenge to even get started but I enjoyed the whole process of creating these. My original idea didnt come out as I had planned in my head. But I am happy with the fact I did something new.

I wanted to create a joual of scriptures I would like to keep as reference for myself or someone in need one day.

I was able to play with leftover scraps from swirly kits and prima rhondelle papers. I also used mists, modeling pastes, masks, gesso, copics, distress inks, etc.

Thanks Heidi for an interesting challenge
                [img:width=500&height=333]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1361075773_431_FT198358_dsc_0478a.jpg[/img]
                [img:width=500&height=340]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1361075773_431_FT198358_dsc_0479a.jpg[/img]

QT, this is stunning: your misting, masking, dark ink splotches, your butterflies and hearts and, most of all, your beautiful joualing!!!!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Holy Smokes everyone rocked this challenge!! I am so in love with all of the art!!
                  I will pop back over to the gallery to leave love for everyone.. here is mine.

I decided to use these pages to create a Feel Good joual for me. I am including some famous quotes that touch me, and also tidbits from my life that I am grateful.

I surprised myself by wanting to joual about the wreck that almost took my life (something I never talk about) and my feelings about it- I am in a place in my life that I am truly grateful for my second chance. I joualed and included photos (most would not fit, so I did a lot hidden).

IMG_76052640x455_zps80ec2a1f.jpg

I used a TON of mediums- this is full of texture- I will post some closeups here in the forum and on my blog I will share the full joualing.

IMG_7607640x427_zps1e7c5fa5.jpg

I was careful to incorporate all the requirements- used scraps, doodling, gesso, modeling paste, stencil, crackle, etc.
                  I also used other media to create more texture.

My second set, features a quote that I love

Made sure to incorporate all of the requirements on these too. Also added to book pages for more depth and shadowed them with charcoal. Made the butterfly with Crystal Gel.

I also made a third set of pages, but I wasn't sure if we were supposed to submit that many? I will post the extra set on my blog and maybe here if I should?

Gorgeous misting and masking throughout; I love the corrugated in your first set and the awesome layering in your second!!!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

QT have you tried refreshing before you post??? That helped me when I was getting that stupid message

Thanks Kathi! That helped a lot! I think I am all caught up in gallery

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Wowzers every time I come in here there is more beautiful eye candy! Way to go ladies!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I was working on this for the week5 art joual but didn't get it finished time. So I thought I'd just go ahead and post it anyway
                        [img:width=400&height=599]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1361372211_41_FT198358_art_joual_page.jpg[/img]

Kathi, this is gorgeous! Everything is perfect! I would say you have this AJ thing figured out!!!

beautiful!

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Kathi, I've left you my NSVHO in the gallery and over there, here, I'll simply repeat that this is the best page of all!!!!!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Beautiful work Kathi!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.