Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Ultimate Design Challenge – Scrapbook Contest Ultimate Design Challenge – WEEK 6 – FINAL CHALLENGE!!

This topic contains 181 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

width=600

Hello my lovely ladies!!!  Welcome to week 6 in our six challenge Ultimate Design Challenge! This is the FINAL WEEK and the FINAL CHALLENGE! We're so happy to  have you join us in this exciting crafty adventure!

If you have been chosen to move on to the final round, you would have received an email earlier this moing. If you did not enter round five you have been eliminated, but you can continue to play along and have a chance to win a small RAK from Swirlydoos by posting your creation to various online galleries as indicated below!

Your sixth and final challenge is issued by Swirlydoos' head monkey – Krissy, and the challenge is:

Create a scrapbook layout based on this beautiful sketch by Beggahuna.

kit44Sketch-1_zps7ab73bdf.jpg

• You MUST create your own background for the layout using the principals of week 4 (a canvas is not required, but you may use one if you want to.) Include layering of your mediums, misting, use of a mask or template, various texture mediums (Glass beads, modeling paste, gesso, molding paste, paint, etc.) Think LAYERING & TEXTURE. http://youtu.be/66OhkbKk2DU & http://youtu.be/NlSm6UgBjNw
      • Use paper layering and destressing techniques taught in week 2 - http://youtu.be/3qxlo9szY0s
      • Use multiple photos, and show us your best clustering.
      • YOUR CHOICE – Choose one additional technique from this challenge series to add to your project.

This project is due by Midnight MST on Saturday, February 23rd. Your completed project must be uploaded into the Ultimate Design Challenge – WEEK 6 gallery within the Swirlydoos gallery. YOU MUST Explain the techniques you used so we know you hit all the requirements for this challenge.

****NOTE**** We STRONGLY encourage you to post your completed projects in all other major online scrapbook galleries you may be a member of. Be sure to title your project as ***Swirlydoos Kit Club, Ultimate Designer Challenge. Week __*** We will be on the lookout for these entries and will be pulling some random winners for small RAKS throughout the duration of the challenge!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Well. My emotions right now are (in no particular order) flabbergasted, proud, and extremely ecstatic!!!!!

And excited!!!!
        I love this sketch and I'm looking forward to planning and thinking and planning some more, taking out my goop and flowers and papers and seeing what I can do…

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

No mail for me this week – no surprise that, since I OBVIOUSLY had no idea how to do that whole art joual thing. :-P

I'll be stalking and watching. I've had SO much fun the past five weeks. Thanks for the inspiration and the challenges and the fun!

Good luck to the finalists!

Cheerdance-cheerleader-cheerleading-smiley-emoticon-000481-large.gif

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Love this sketch. No email for me either.

Good luck to those remaining!

Snagg1
              Send PM

No email for me today. I had lots of fun the past 5 weeks. Congrats to the ones moving on to week 6.

Ohh my I cant belive I made it… I am lost for words.. and this last one, its going to be a real challange.. thats for sure.. I only got two days to get it done.. so I better get started..

OMG! I am in – thank you sooo much! I am so happy and exited! Love the challenge:) Great sketch! Sending a big hug for all – these past weeks with you were absolutely fabulous and I am so happy I had a chance to know so many talented people:)

Down to the wire, and nails down to the quick? I think this might be the hardest challenge of them all, I am not good at copying a sketch, I dont think. But I will give it my all and try to stay within the concept! Thanks so much, and to my fellow competitors, I am honoured to be amongst you and Good Luck for this week.
              Gail

Can we flip & rotate the sketch, reduce the number of photoes?

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I didn't make it to round six, but congrats to everyone who did…. Good luck to you all…

Mega congrats to all of you who made it to round 6!! Good luck ladies!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Good luck ladies and congrats to those moving on to the 6th round!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

No email for me either, but I have loved every part of the last five weeks and I have leat a humungous amount not just about scrapbooking but about myself as well. I am going to give the last round my best shot though!

Congratulations to all those moving on – well deserved!

No email for me either but have had a ball the last five weeks. Good luck to all who made it and looking forward to seeing the creations in the gallery

Congratulations to all of you, who are moving on to the final round. I can't wait to see the entries.
                    Good luck ladies!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 183 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.