Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Scrap Clinic um…what do I do with this?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

well it sounded good and looked good in my head….but oh my…..I don't even wanna show this…it just looks……….oh my – maybe I just need to walk away and come back?

Any ideas??????? oh, and trust me, you aren't going to hurt my feelings so please fire away – I don't wanna totally scrap this, I just don't know what to do with it lol it's not finished obviously and I planned on putting Secret Garden on there somewheres…..

I'm going to take a pic of it once it's light out hopefully in the moing before work so you can see the true colors….but well you get the idea

20141110_220534.jpg

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I personally think it has a great base. I like the texure, I like the color (if this is the true color?) And I like the bloom clusters. I bet if you were to try to peel off the bench, fountain and cloud, the open space in the middle would speak to you with regard to what it needs. Also, you may put a couple of smaller accent color blooms into your clusters for depth. I think any of the Ingvild Bolme resins or metals would look fabulous on this =o)

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Ditto with the cloud and fountain.
          Maybe move the flowers to the bottom of the bench?
          I would suggest a variety of doodads: metal, resin among the flowers… Do you have any grapevine shapes. I'm thinking tiny heart…

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Hmm I love the background you got going. I like the bench and fountain but to me the flowers in the coers are overwhelming the rest of the LO. So to me it is a question balance. Either bulk up the bench and fountain area or reduce the bulk of the coer flowers. I do think you've got the makings of something really great so keep working it!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I totally agree with everything these gals have said. You're bench and fountain are just kinda hanging out. Get them into the clusters or create a visual using them but it needs to have more weight than what they do now.

The clusters are amazing though and I love your treatment of the bench and fountain. I think those 2 pieces will work wonderful together on this! Background texture rocks too.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I agree with the others, love the background texture you have and I do think the cloud could go. The fountain & bench seem to need more to balance out the coers.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

ok thanks ladies…I've decided to set it up for a bit cuz I've been thinking the same way all you have….sometimes get rid of the center, sometimes downsize the clusters…..I just don't know lol

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Mellisa, I think you have the right idea: just let it marinate a bit. I'm sure that if you let the ideas pop up, you'll get that aha moment.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.