Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Under and over embellish

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 4 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Sometimes I find my biggest struggle is finding the balance between adding just enough of the prefect embellishments that makes a project perfect in my eyes and not going over the top or to little. It's the fun part of the project but also my most time consuming. Here I'm at a stand still with my project today. Pondering where I want to take this….. Does anyone else struggle with the battle of finding that happy medium between that wow factor and over the top?????

🙂

I do! I have an extra table (technically for guests to use) in my craft room, so I will put the LO there, along with whatever embellishments I'm thinking of adding, and look at it every time I walk by, adding and removing elements each time. Sometimes it will be a couple weeks before I finally hit the perfect look, but I'm always happier when I let it gel and don't try to force it.

I am working on a kiasercraft birdhouse and am at a standstill I can't decide where I want to go for my wow factor… Grrr

I am so impatient…. I will have to follow your advise….

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I agree with Monica- just let it brew- it will come to you. You could try on some different embellishments, then take a picture of each of the options and then look at them side-by-side to see what you like better. 🙂

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Someone once told me that if you think you've finished adding all your embellishments then add a couple more. Not that I normally follow that advice, lol.

I love to alter things so I always start strong get paper on, flowers here & there then a few embellies & sometimes I do have to walk away. But I do the same as the others place things on it walk away maybe put something else on it then usually by then it comes to me. But really I think taking a moment &a break helps.
        Hugs

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

And I'm agreeing, especially with a project like this. Let it marinate a few days with you adding and subtracting until you get what you like and walking away and coming back again.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I just add and add embellishments until there's no more room…lol!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
              Send PM

I just add and add embellishments until there's no more room…lol!

I tend to go in that direction too Angelica! It is really hard for me to leave blank space.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.