Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tips, Tricks & Techniques Upcoming Classes! Swirlydoos "YOU"niversity

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I just wanted to give you all a heads up and let you know about some things that are swirling around on the back buer.

I mentioned on another thread that Lisa G and I are working on putting together a series of classes on canvases. It is still in the development stage but I think you will agree with me when I tell you that it will be fabulous.

Here is where you come in. We want to know what you really want to lea; are you more curious about the tools and mixed media options? Is there one thing that you really want to lea how to do?

Help us to build a curriculum that everyone will find meaningful! Oh, and if there is something else you are interested in leaing, let us know! Swirlydoos and its designers are here for you! so help us to help you!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I'd like to feel more comfortable with mixed media

Let us know!! Cause it will expand your artistic abilities!!

Okay..for me it's not so much on knowing the different types of mixed media, but more so on how to use them on a canvas from start to finish. Like the anatomy of a LO, instead..using the techniques on an anatomy of a canvas. Lisa..your mermaid canvas, I'd like to know how you created it from start to finish. For me..my biggest problem is putting it all together and making it work and creating something that flows.
        Not sure if this makes sense, I think I've had one too many beers right now. LMAO!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I'd like to know the properties of all of the different materials, inks, and so forth: how they differ, how they work, which is best for different effects…
          And since I'm being greedy for your knowledge, if it's possible to do this via video, it would make all of the above a lot clearer.

And a repeated many, many thanks for this and all that you have already done to help the rest of us lea so many possibilities. This is what makes Swirlydoos what it is: the best group of crafters there is. Period.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Just keep in mind this is my view point only regarding mixed media. My background was not originally scrapbooking. I started with drawing mediums, acrylic and oil painting at a young age. Then I ventured into scrapbooking due to my babies. I feel that mixed media is an artistic way of expressing yourself using multiple mediums. So I would focus more on leaing the mediums and techniques. I do not believe you can do an anatomy of canvas with mixed media without understanding the effects of the mediums used. I like the uniqueness every artist bring to mixed media. Yes, I do support the mixed media classes and any other classes you decide.

I am a little confused. Is this like the class with the girl. I want to lea how to do that. Is that something we need to take lessons from her

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

LaQuette, that's what I was trying to say, thanks so much for expressing it so, so much better.

Snagg1
                Send PM

Yes to everything above! I think that a series of short videos that build on one another would be perfect. Then we can sprinkle a Ustream in here and there. Ustream is a great medium for Q&A so that is a strong possibility too.

We've already begun putting together a tool list as well as a glossary. I think it would be fun to do a Mixed Media Lab where we spend a little bit of time with each medium and the different ways it can be used. This will really give everyone a greater understanding of the product and once you know how to use it in a few different ways then your creative side can take over and come up with more ways!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Thanks, Lisa!!! This is something that I am really looking forward to!!!!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I would LOVE to lea how to do this and lea how to use the different mediums for different effects…..

Can't wait to see what you come up with….. 🙂

I think it sounds fun! I don't really have anything in mind now that I would love to lea really, but I am up for anything!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Thanks Lisa..that is just what I'm looking for

Lisa and I will be collaborating a series of mini classes on mixed media and canvas…All for you!!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

While Lisa and I are putting our minds together to come up with a kick ass series for you, AND with all of the questions going on in the SGC challenge, I put together a Gesso 101 over the weekend. I am going to get everything up here tonight in the tutorial section.

This will give you a real base understanding of a few techniques you can use Gesso for. I'm not an expert on Gesso , and I don't use it nearly as often as some others, but I think I have come up with some really basic uses and this will be a great jumping off point for you when we start to release the MM and Canvas series. You will be one step ahead and ready to roll your sleeves up!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.