Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Technical Support uploading photo's in forum

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I can't add photo's or links on the reply thread in the forum. What am I doing wrong? Is there something special I have to click on? I'd like to add challenge photo's and I keep seeing (click here) for blog addresses. I just can not figure out how to do it. I click on the below items but it just adds fields. like what you see there.
      Thanks!
      Mandy

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Mandy, first for web addresses (because that's easy to explain): In a separate tab or window, go to the web site that you want to link. With your mouse, highlight the entire address in the toolbar, right-click, and select copy. Come back to Swirlys and right click in the reply box and select paste. Hit the preview button to see the results; you should see a blue click here. That will be your posted link.
        Now, for the photos. You cannot do this in the Quick Reply box. Click on Post Reply. You will see an attach image box with a browse option. First, click onto the reply box; you must have an active cursor thing going on in there. Go down to the browse button; click on that to find the file on your computer; select the image and then click on okay. (If this doesn't take, you may have to resize your image to something smaller.)

Snagg1
          Send PM

Great answer Peggy! Mandy, if you are bringing in a photo from Photobucket, you would copy the IMG tag info and when you are in the post reply box you can paste that info right into the text box. BUT, you have to be in the post reply box and the image has to be resized to at least 600×600 (that is the size that I use). Hope that helps.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

O.K! That's great! Thanks so much!
            Mandy

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Oh, I forgot about PB!!!!
              Can you actually get 600 x to upload? I tried a while back and was duly chastised by the computer elves.

Snagg1
                Send PM

LOL about the elves. Yes, if you right click on any of my photos I bring into the threads, I've re-sized them to 600×600. It may end up being a little less on one side, but that is the general size.

I use 600×600 in Picnik works fine

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Thanks, I guess I can get back to not-so-tiny images. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.