Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Using Caution

This topic contains 88 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)
  • Author

So what are thoughts on posting your kids and grandkids pics on these sites with their names (not their last name) but I think in a forum like this one we know a lot of each others last names. And on your blogs?
    Do you ever get worried that you are giving out too much info and that a crazy person could find you or your children?
    I always teach my daughter about using caution on the inteet and I feel like I myself am not being careful enough posting their photos and maintaining a public blog. With that being said, if you want to pursue a design team or publication you need to have one.

I also only recently came to realize their were some actual smack sites in the scrapping world. After doing some investigating I came to realize there is quite a dark side to the scrap world that some people are taking up space with.
    What do you girls think?

I think that if someone wants to do you harm or your family harm than they will find out how to get to you with or without blogs and photos. However, you need to use some common sense such as keep your address private. What is a smack site. I never heard of that. I will have to look it up.
    Hugs Tracy

same question here Tracy. I have no idea what that means. A dark side to scrapping? What hobby could be more innocent and harmless.

Very interesting thoughts, Lisa. Not sure.
    Food for serious thought I guess.

I think that if someone wants to do you harm or your family harm than they will find out how to get to you with or without blogs and photos. However, you need to use some common sense such as keep your address private. What is a smack site. I never heard of that. I will have to look it up.
    Hugs Tracy

I agree here, and also am curious as to what a scrappy smack site is…..

Snagg1
      Send PM

SNR is going to have a Scrappy Kids weekend coming up Oct/Nov and there will be gallery space for the kids so that they can have their own galleries.

It is still in the planning stage but will let you know when everything is all set. There will be projects and tutorials all geared to kids. It should be a great time for them.

My DD wants her own blog for that reason, but she is 8 and I told her no and explained why. She is looking forward to the SNR Scrappy weekend.

Well, I guess I have lightened up a bit. I used to give nothing away, now I use first names. My city could possibly be figured out. But, I figure if someone is gunning for my family they already know where I live so I am not giving anything away. Just my thoughts only.

I don't know what a smack site is either.

Well, there use to be a blog called Scrap Smack..It was terrible!! people were mean, and they bashed the scrapping industry. They made fun of scrappers and their work. Thank goodness it was pulled from Blogger. So much negativity…Sometimes it rang true, like the CK 2007 scandal. But mostly, it was garbage.

Ok, I'll bite – what scandal?

Ok, I'll bite – what scandal?

I have the same question as you Shelly! I can't imagine a scandal in the scrap world!! I always think of our world as being just about the most generous & genuine hobby/obsession there is, but maybe I'm just too naive?? Spill the beans please Lisa – inquiring minds would like to know!!

LisaN, if my children were young & still living at home, I would be much more cautious about what info I would share, but they are all grown now, they all have their own FB pages, etc. & even after my repeated waings of what they should not be sharing, I am appalled to find them giving out their cell phone numbers, where they will be and when, etc. 🙁 ( Different generation I guess. Worries me to pieces, but since my youngest is almost knocking on the door of 30 yrs. old,…

Well, do you remember the rules for submissions for coveted Hall Of Fame spot? Besides the work absolutely being your own, the pictures you used had to be your own as well. Taken by you. Well Kristina Contes submitted her work, and won a spot. Then after the winners were announced in the magazine and the yearly special edition Creating Keepsakes mag came out featuring all the winners work, there was a pic of Kristina, her husband and their dog…But who took the picture?? Well it happened to be her friend (a former winner and professional photographer) who took the picture. Uh Oh…she lied and broke a rule..Well, to make a long story short, she was dethroned, and a runner up got her spot. But how fair was that. the runner up, never really got recognition as she should have had Kristina been forthcoming sooner about her mistake. I will try to find the article…
      Here is one of them
      http://scrapbookobsession.wordpress.com/2007/10/11/ck-hall-of-fame-2007-the-drama-that-has-ensued/%5Burl url=hyperlink url][/url]

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Wow…. Okay…. shouldn't the judges have caught that?

Hello what is SNR? I think that there should be someplace where kids can go to show their work. There are many amazing young scrappers out there just dying to display their talent.
        As far as the ck scandal I heard about it but did not realize how bad it really got. People need to follow the rules if they rules are broken than they are disqualified form the contest period. Ck should have made sure that all winners followed the rules. For many of us this is a hobby for a select few it is more. Hugs Tracy

Snagg1
          Send PM

SNR is Scrapbook News and Review

Wow…. Okay…. shouldn't the judges have caught that?

you'd think, but if she didn't name the people in the photo, then they are just that, people.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.