Home Forums Kit Talk Suggestions Using Prima Clear Stamps – Adhere to a block or not?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Can someone help me with a basic/silly question reguarding using prima clear stamps. When I try to peel off both acrylic sheets (that the stamp is sandwiched in) — one sheet is easily removed but the other sheet is very resistent…so much to the point, that i'm afraid that I will damage the stamp. I know this probably has been addressed before – but I can't find any thing via a quick search.
    I'm I supposed to leave the stamp attached to one of the acrylic sheets & use it free hand?

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

The acrylic sheets are suppose to come off. If you are having trouble getting it off, try blasting it with your heat gun. Then slowly peeling it off.

I have used mine free hand with no issue but yes, it is meant to come off and adhere to a block.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

You can also just use it with that thicker liner on there. I do that a lot, especially if I'm just using it for texture, and I'm not interested getting a clean image.

Snagg1
          Send PM

I've used them still attached to the one sheet and also free hand. Also–rolling them from one side to the other often works better than stamping them directly down.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I just rip mine off..lol!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

yep me too…let 'er rip. Scared me the first time but I've never broken one. They're not hard to peel off after the first time.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Yeah, and they're stretchy so the won't break.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I've had a couple rip. I either stamp from the sheet or (thanks to forum advice) slightly heat them up if they give me a hard time.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I never realized this. I wondered why they didn't cling to anything…huh! BLONDE!

Thanks for asking the question Debsul.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Andie, RAOTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    [img:width=60&height=44]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1381778978_36_FT219364_rolling_on_the_floor_1.gif[/img]

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

HEY! Be nice!

I never realized this. I wondered why they didn't cling to anything…huh! BLONDE!

Thanks for asking the question Debsul.

Sorry, Andie! I'm roflmao too!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Sorry Andie I couldn't resist..he he
                        [img:width=50&height=45]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1381850686_41_FT219364_laughing.gif[/img]

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Mean I tell you!!! Mean… ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.