Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Vacations

This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I took the day off to get a few things done that needed done, but it has made me realize I am in serious need of vacation. Unfortunately the economy has been working against me with prices for everything going up and my paycheck going down.

So, I would like to live vicariously through the rest of you. Does anyone have fun vacations planned for this year??

Or if not what have been some of your favorite vacations of the past??

To paraphrase an old Calgon commerical – Please ladies, take me away.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

For the first time in years, my husband and I are going with friends on a cruise to Alaska in August.

I'm quite excited to see the beautiful landscape as we travel up the coast and then Alaska itself, however, I'm a little nervous about getting sea sick. Lord knows I've had enough stomach problems this winter. LOL.

Our friends have been there before and can't stop raving about how beautiful it is, and how much there was to see and do!

i really should do an alaskan cruise, i will one day, since they leave from here.
        I leave on April 15th for a week to Puerto Vallarta with my girls – got a SCREAMING DEAL and am so excited!!
        this is where i'm staying: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g679578-d1097502-Reviews-Riu_Palace_Pacifico-Riviera_Nayarit_Pacific_Coast.html

we got the whole thing including direct flights, at decent times, from sunday to sunday, for $1105.00
        for the Riu Palace locations, that is a rediculous deal!! so excited!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

For the first time in years, my husband and I are going with friends on a cruise to Alaska in August.

I'm quite excited to see the beautiful landscape as we travel up the coast and then Alaska itself, however, I'm a little nervous about getting sea sick. Lord knows I've had enough stomach problems this winter. LOL.

Our friends have been there before and can't stop raving about how beautiful it is, and how much there was to see and do!

Linda a little suggestion for your cruise if you think you might get seasick….they sell natural Gravol that is made with ginger – it doesn't make you drowsy, but helps with nausea. I went on two Mediterranean cruises and used that, along with those seasickness wrist bands, and I was fine. Well, that's not exactly true….the first night of my first cruise there was a bad storm and the ship was rockin' and rollin' and I didn't do well at all. But after the storm passed, I was good to go. I feel nauseated just taking the ferry over to Vancouver, and I survived two 14 day cruises, so I'm hopeful that you can do it too!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

i really should do an alaskan cruise, i will one day, since they leave from here.
            I leave on April 15th for a week to Puerto Vallarta with my girls – got a SCREAMING DEAL and am so excited!!
            this is where i'm staying: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g679578-d1097502-Reviews-Riu_Palace_Pacifico-Riviera_Nayarit_Pacific_Coast.html

we got the whole thing including direct flights, at decent times, from sunday to sunday, for $1105.00
            for the Riu Palace locations, that is a rediculous deal!! so excited!!

Is that $1105 per person or for all of you? Do you live in Vancouver?

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I favorite so far has been DH and my Italy trip. Hoping to do the Alaska cruise next Spring

Cuba – nicer people and beaches than Mexico but eat the local food not the yucky hotel food.

Royal Caribbean cruises to the Bahamas are really fun too and amazing food. Italy is sooooo awesome but that's not as relaxing.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Thank you so much Lisa. I'll definitely check that out!

Shelly, that is an incredible price! You will have a wonderful time there.

When my daughter was in grade 10, I helped chaperone her French class on a trip through France, Monaco, Italy, and briefly in Germany. It was wonderful, although it was go, go, go. In between trying to keep teenage girls in line, and out of the hands of the Italian boys, I managed to swoon over the old buildings and wonderful history. I couldn't get enough! The most awesome memory I have is being able to go through Notre Dame on Easter Sunday while they were having mass. I'll just never forget the beauty of that old church and hearing the music! There seemed to be thousands of people there. I'd love to go back and see it again at a more leisurely pace without the worry of keeping tabs on 2 dozen kids. LOL.

We don't take many vacations. Last year we went to St. Louis to visit my sister. That was our very first family vacation. It was really nice and we need to take more! But, it is so expensive to go anywhere!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

To date Puerto Vallarta has been our favorite vacation. It's very pretty there and relaxing.

We are saving the Alaskan cruise for when we retire. We also spent a day in Belize as it was one of our cruise stops. We loved it and plan on going back there one day.

As for this year, we have our annual trip to New Orleans. Then I have a couple of small girls trips planned. Dh is going in May to visit one of his friends. We may plan another together vacation for later in the year.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

An Alaskan cruise would be so awesome and would definately love to do that someday. I have only heard good things from the people I have known that have gone.

Shell, that sounds like an awesome deal. There are some out there to be found, you will have a wonderful time I am sure.

I was lucky enough to go to Italy once and I still think it was the best two weeks of my life.

Manda hope you can swing more family vacations, they are some of the most vivid memories from my childhood. The expense is crazy though, I only have to pay for one but if I think about doubling, tripling or more the price I know I would never go anywhere.

Yeah, since there are five of us, it gets expensive fast! Too bad I am not independently wealthy!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Or the holder of one of the Mega Millions winning tickets. There was one sold and yet unclaimed in my section of Kansas – I of course didn't buy a ticket.

Yeah, since there are five of us, it gets expensive fast! Too bad I am not independently wealthy!

Ditto! I sooo miss traveling. Hubby and I (been together 16 years now) used to do 2 trips a year. Now we average 1 every 3 years with kids in tow, LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.