Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Very sad email I got this evening

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

We have two LSS here in Campbell River, which considering how small we are is unusual. Anyway, the one that is closest to me the girl that owned started having some major health problems. She apparently was an anorexic in her teens – and I guess without family etc realizing it the health problems started because she was becoming anorexic again. It was very sad for me to see as I almost lost my best friend of 50 years to that about 18 years ago. Tonight when checking my email I received an email from one of the girls who had taken over managing the store for her to say she had passed away on Wednesday due to a tragic accident at home. I'm thinking because she was becoming so frail from the anorexia that she must have fallen or something. So sad to see someone go through this and then loose the fight. She has a couple of young kids and her DH and I just cannot imagine how they are dealing with this right now.

Thank you for letting me get this off my chest. I know as caring as my DH is he would not understand that although I didn't hang out with this girl in my personal life, she was a very important part of my scrappy life as are all of you here are and she will be missed by so many people. 🙁

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

So sorry for your loss, you never know how people make an impact on your life.. Keeping you in my thoughts….

Snagg1
          Send PM

Sorry Steph. Her family must be devastated.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

So tragic. that is an awful disease and so hard to overcome

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

That's awful, Steph. You don't have to hang out with people for them to be a part of your life. You cared about her, and now she is gone. I'm sorry for your loss.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

SO sorry to hear Steph.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

So sorry to read this. That poor family.

so very sad 🙁

So sorry to hear this Steph. So sad. Anorexia and associated eating disorders have devestating effects on people of all ages. So very sad that most who forego help dont make it very far in life. Very sad for the family as well. My heart goes out to them .

SO sorry Steph….so sad she had to go through that and I am feeling for the kids. +++hugs+++

So sorry to hear this Steph.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Oh Steph. 🙁 How very tragic and sad, indeed. I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't help but to think of her children. 🙁

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Steph, that is so sadly tragic. My heart goes out to her family…

Heartbreaking. 🙁

That is sad and so hard for her family and friends. I am sorry.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.