Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Stamping/Embossing Tutorials ***Video Tutorial***!!! Emboss Resist background.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone if you want to pop on over to the blog and see the tutorial you can http://www.swirlydoos.blogspot.com/2012/01/imagination-lab-emboss-resist-technique.html

you can also head on over to the youtube channel to watch the video and subscribe. ( i couldn't get the video to post here) you can get the the video if you http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cBSSeeJsu4o

Here is the basics of the technique.

You will need:
    embossing powder
    versamark ink
    stamps
    inks and sprays
    heat tool
    paper towel
    distress tool

Step 1: Stamp desired images on your project using the versamark ink.
    Step2 :Cover the stamped images with embossing powder.
    Step 3: Dump excess powder back into the container
    Step 4: Use your heat tool to heat set the powder. You will see the powder begin to melt.
    Step 5: Spray desired amount of ink n your project. You can add as many colors as you want. I like to go light to dark.
    Step 6: blotch off the excess inks and liquid.
    Step 7: (optional) you can take you blending tool with some distress inks and in a circular motion go over the images to make them pop even more.
    Here is my finished layout using the technique.
    IMG_6762-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBSSeeJsu4o?rel=0&hd=0&color1=&color2=&cc_load_policy=0

Haven't checked anything out yet, but that LO is so precious! What a darling little girl!!!
    Off to check out the links. Thanks!

Love the tut! Thanks for posting it. I've done the resist technique, but I was more aggressive with the colors. I really like the softer, subtle look that you taught. I'm going to try it!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Tiffany, that is a darling LO. What a little sweetheart! Can't wait to watch the video and try it out myself.

Tiffany….. that page is soooo gorgeous and your video tutorial is simply AWESOME!!!

Here ya go Tiffany…I added the video to your post..Love it!

I just watched that tut on your blog… is very cool. And the LO is gorgeous!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh that layout is gorgeous!!! Thank you for the tut!! I have been wondering how to get that soft look around the layout without having the splotches! I will definitely need to give this a try!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Gorgeous layout!!!!!!!!
          & thanks again for your tutorial…

Your Layout is GORGEOUS!!!! The tutorial is fabulous. I'll have to add this to my list of techniques I need to try…

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I really loved this video! It never occurred to me to add distress ink after I misted for a more pronounced look. What a dope!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

This sounds stupid, but I always wondered how you knew where to spray that enhanced your pictures. Laying them down and making pencil marks makes so much sense. Duh. %-6 Loved the video.

thanks LisaG
              Thank you everyone for your kind comments! 🙂
              Linda it takes a little preparation before so you kinda have to have an idea of how you want the layout to be….. but it is perfect if you just want a soft look around the image and embellies!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Tiffany, this is amazing!! You're so talented!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Thank you!! ;D

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Gorgeous LO and great tutorial. TFS!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.