Home Forums Scrap Chat Scrap Room ORGANIZATION! wafer die storage

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

So we all love our Spellbinders and Memory box AND Cherry Lynn…but how on earth do you store them? I used to put mine in a drawer upright and in their paper folder but then I had to dig through all of them in order to find the one I wanted. I realized I had even forgotten some!! Nope…this was not working.

I know a lot of people have bought the magnetic sheets and cases…
      [img:width=120&height=120]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1366660530_572_FT0_unnamed.jpg[/img]

I know a lot of others have used binders with page protectors (this photo won't load right) but then they still are put away and you have to dig through them. If this works for you then great!

BUT…

I saw this idea on Pinterest and I knew it was the idea for me!

[img:width=600&height=533]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1366661948_572_FT0_spellbinders1.jpg[/img]

This is so easy and cheap! I paid under $25 for the entire thing!! How? Well…I'll tell you…

1) purchase a large picture/frame from Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. Don't pay a bunch! I paid $12 for this and it was the most expensive part of the whole thing. It's huge…42 x 25 inches. Try to find one that has some interest to it. This was a gaudy gold with a huge piece of glass and some non-descript hotel painting in it. You have to see it for what it CAN be…not what it is.

2) paint the frame. I wanted a shabby chic look. I first painted black with some leftover spray paint. Then rubbed a dollar store tealight candle all over it. Then painted white with acrylic paint and took some LIGHT sand paper to it. it causes the wax to flake off leaving the black peeking through. I even wne far enough to hit gold in a couple parts but it looks really cool.

3) Remove the glass and adhere magnetic sheets to the back of the picture that was in the frame. I used 3M spray adhesive because it's really sticky. I went in my bathroom to spray because I didn't want the fumes to eat away at any wood finishes in my house. For the magnetic sheets I used a 50% off coupon from Joann's and just stopped every day on my way to work. I paid $1.50 for 2 sheets!! and it needed a total of 8.

4)take material and stretch it over the front. I already had this material sitting around.Get it as straight as you can and fold the edges around the back. Glue them down as you go. Remember…the back is actually the front side of the painting or picture!

5) Set it back in the frame and hang!! That's it. It was actually sooooo easy. The magnets aren't super strong so I didn't want to put the mod podge as an extra layer that they had to work through.

[img:width=600&height=839]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1366664698_572_FT0_spellbinders2.jpg[/img]

yes…the picture wire needed to be repositioned but whoever originally put it on wrapped it INDUSTRIAL style…I wasn't messing with it. I'll fix it later;)

So how do you store your wafer dies?! We'd love to see!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

That's a cool idea, Andie, but I must confess to loving my Art Bin thingy that you pictured first. Still, you've got me thinking………

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Lots of my GF's have the art bin and love it. If its not in my face I tend to forget about it. I actually have these all spread out. If I group them closer together I have only taken up about 1/3 of this frame!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Very cool idea Andie…thanks

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

What a great idea Andie, I don't have a whole lot of dies but this would sure remind me of what I have when I can see it so easily!

What a nifty idea!! Storage and a cool piece of wall art all in one. If I didn't have such a vast collection of these I would certainly give that a go.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Monica-lol…why am I not surprised hunny??!

That is a great idea!! I only have a few dies and I am not sure that my collection will grow because of having the Cameo, but this is great!!!

I love this idea.

Monica-lol…why am I not surprised hunny??!

;) I give up… why?? LOL!! Just wait until I finish getting all my stamps sorted and indexed… you ain't seen nothin' yet!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Super coolio idea Andie!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Oh, I love that idea, Andie!

very COOL!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

LOve it!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.