Home Forums Scrap Chat Scrap Room ORGANIZATION! Wafer Thin Die Storage

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

So, I LOVE my Art Bin magnetic storage for my dies.  Coming home from camp, my suitcase with the art bin storage exploded and I couldn't tell right away if any dies were missing. I got a new box for them today, and I was thinking that I should trace my dies with a Sharpie so I will be able to see if one is missing in the future, and maybe it will help me stay organized. BUT, before I do this, I want to get some input: can you see any
      problem with doing this? I just don't want to commit, then hate it. What do you think?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Rae, I use the Art Bin also, love it, I have my sheet labeled at the top with the company, then under the die somewhere I write the name of the die itself. At one point I took pictures…..(I buy to many dies) lol

I just use a sharpie, if I move any around I just use some alcohol or fingeail polish to remove the old sharpie.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Good idea!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I have an Art Bin box too and I love it. Been thinking to myself about the best way to keep them organized. Just the other day I labeled one page for Memory Box dies. And was thinking about writing the names of the dies undeeath each die. Currently I have the name written on the die itself where possible. I had not thought about the fact that you can remove Sharpie ink with alcohol, but you can so I'm gling to label all my pages just as Heather does! Thanks Heather!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I will post a pic when I get home this am.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Yeah- I've been toying with a labeling system for a while. I don't always remember the names of the dies after I've had them for a while, and I feel like a jerk when someone asks, and I don't know. 🙂

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I save all the inserts in a file so I can go back if I need to. but I have stayed pretty up to date. I haven't been doing this as long as you Rea. 🙂
                [img:width=600&height=879]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1409147548_2902_FT247354_dies_.jpg[/img]

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

If there are multiple dies in a collection I put the correlating number with it. Just to keep track. (ok a lot of people call me anal retentive.) 🙂

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Oh Heather, i love how you have done yours. I may start doing mine like this too.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Right now, mine are in a shoe box. LOL. THIS looks like a wonderful way of storing them.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Very nice, Heather!

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Right now, mine are in a shoe box. LOL. THIS looks like a wonderful way of storing them.

Linda, you really must get the magnetic Art Bin storage. It is the best. ;)

Snagg1
                            Send PM

I have a very small amount of the thin metals, 99% of my dies are sizzix chunksters that take up a ton of space.

Heather, that looks fantastic! If I start accumulating more of the metal, this is the road I'll take for sure 🙂 *thumbs up*

craftysprinkles
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

I don't have so many chunky dies, but I have about 20 sizzlits- those are difficult to store in a way that you can see what you have.

Krissy
                              Krissy
                              Swirly Admin
                                Send PM

Yep gona label mine just like your Heather. I was contemplating it but wasn't sure if that was the way to go, you have convinced me!

The Art Bin magnetic storage is awesome!! You definitely need this if you have many thin dies. And if you don't, well then, you need to get some more, LOL!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.