Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Want to publicly slaughter this person…

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

So Roman has missed lessons in order to attend quintet practice for S&E today (which they got a 1…wootie woot) Anyways, he's missed his last 2 lessons and the group doesn't even practice! The first one, one girl decided a quick walk thru was good enough and she left. The second one, the same girl was upset about her hair or makeup or something, so she stormed out before they could even begin practice. Now…I'm out money for these lessons that he's now missed so I told him to forget about state. I'm not losing any more money for him to play in a group that's not committed. Soooo standing outside after their performance they want to know why he can't go to state. I tell them he has other commitments and the group is obviously not mature to commit enough.

Get this!

The band booster president is one of the mom's in this group and gets mad so SHE ATTACKS ROMAN'S PLAYING!!!

Well fine! Next time we'll get an oboe who's got some vibrato

Roman's feelings were hurt because he has been working on vibrato for quite a while. I cannot believe the immaturity of people. You…a grown adult…are going to attack a 16 year old kid because you are ticked at his mom?!

As the band booster president doesn't this person have a responsibility to these children to help build them up? Not attack them because you are upset with their parent?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I'm on my way!!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

People suck, and adults are WAY worse than kids could ever think of being. It's one person's opinion, and it probably wasn't even an opinion, but just an attempt to hurt you and him. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Some people have no flipping class.

Snagg1
            Send PM

People suck, and adults are WAY worse than kids could ever think of being. It's one person's opinion, and it probably wasn't even an opinion, but just an attempt to hurt you and him. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Some people have no flipping class.

what she said..

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

This is just an aside about what a REALLY good comeback is for nearly every situation when someone is being a jerk…

When Owen was in the feeding program in Dallas, TX, we literally LIVED at the hospital. It was tight quarters, and you got to know everyone whether you wanted to or not. One of the most amusing aspects of this was that the nurse's lounge was shared with a huge room where we went to hang out and eat meals. Owen got excellent care there- the whole staff was amazing. BUT, when they were on break, the nurses were a bunch of backstabbing, shit-talking women. They were sweet as pie to everyone's faces, but MAN, they didn't care who heard what they said in that break room. And, when they were talking, one phrase would repeatedly come up: Oh, she needs JESUS! And, that was the ultimate insult to someone. The conversation was OVER, every time. I'm not religious, but I would imagine that if you told someone they needed Jesus when they were being rude, it would shut them right up!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

She sounds like someone who hasn't grown up yet. If she had something to say she should have asked to talk to you in private. Never talk in front of the children, or teenagers as the case may be. They are not mature enough to understand that she's just a mean vindictive person.

You should try Little League Football. Some of those parents actually encourage their kids to hurt other children. People can be so mean.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Maybe I should point out…

After I made my comment she stepped back and said:

oh we're a nasty one aren't we. Well I can be nasty too…fine…next time we'll get an oboe player who has some vibrato

So…it's not even like she said it as constructive criticism to my kid. She flat out said she was being nasty…and then directed it at my kid.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

You should try Little League Football. Some of those parents actually encourage their kids to hurt other children. People can be so mean.

Wow! Speechless…really

Organized sports/groups for children are brutal, because of the parents. How much stuff has been in the news about parents getting in brawls at events? And I remember quite some time ago a cheerleader's mom killed another cheerleader on the squad…

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

well I sent an email to the band instructor and he asked if we could talk. I think it went well. I hope I got my point across.

He's going to share it with the principle and they are supposedly going to deal with her.

I told him she needs to apologize to Roman and in front of the quintet who was all present at the time she insulted him. I told him I don't care if she calls me every nasty name in the book and hates my guts…but she should not have to down my child…ESPECIALLY with the position that she holds.

we'll see

well I sent an email to the band instructor and he asked if we could talk. I think it went well. I hope I got my point across.

He's going to share it with the principle and they are supposedly going to deal with her.

I told him she needs to apologize to Roman and in front of the quintet who was all present at the time she insulted him. I told him I don't care if she calls me every nasty name in the book and hates my guts…but she should not have to down my child…ESPECIALLY with the position that she holds.

we'll see

That is exactly what I was gonna tell you to do. It really is the best way to handle this kinda of situation.
                      Good luck dear, and let up know what happens.
                      Hugs!!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

we'll see

Good for you!!!!! The thing is, you handled this like an adult. Let's see if she can respond in kind.

Sucks for Roman, though. At his age, something like that really hurts. Give him a big, wide hug from me, will you?
                        (I enjoyed his practicing!!!! so there!!!)

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

My daughter is a sophomore in college and in hind site this type of crap and the way she saw me handle it was an awesome life lesson so make sure your son knows your opinion and how you responded by going up the chain of authority to work this out respectfully. That will be the long term benefit. Our situation involved 10 girls on the drill team squad and of all things the band director herself being the bully. In the end we had meetings with the parents and the school district. The principal had an open door policy with these girls if they even suspected another problem and he came and sat in on their practices … For three years. The teacher should have been fired, but tenure is a bitch. My daughter now as a sophomore at a university is not swayed by a person in authority being a bully / abusing their power. She has already had one situation at college that she met with the person's supervisor and a solution was worked out that resolved a conflict for all the students effected. So, you go mama … Take this as an oppty to teach your child how to resolve conflict as an adult not as a bully which is exactly what this booster president is being.

So sorry this happened, Andie! Glad you were able to have a meeting with the band director and hope it all gets worked out! My dd is already having to deal with stuff like this and her kids are only in elementary school!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.