This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

?!Now that we are up asnd running, does anyone remember how to wet distress like Robin does with her paper? I remember she said she did a video in her bathroom, but I think it didn't get posted. Anyone know details on how to wet distress again?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I'd like to have a tut on that and a reminder tut on the rusty hinges and keys. I bookmarked it, but the bookmark got hacked too!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

She was planning on doing a tutorial but I don't think she got it done. The way I do it is:

Distress and Ink my edges.
        Use a Spray Bottle of Water to mildly drench the area you want to distress.
        Wrinkle up the paper as desired.

I will sometimes use a heat tool to dry it more quickly. I will always dampen all the way around my edges.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I've been waiting for that tutorial too but decided to give it a try on my own after seeing it posted on someone's blog (Maybe yours Mandy) and it actually tued out pretty well. Been using it a lot – just have to take pictures of the layouts and post them now.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I have that tutorial – just have to get it posted!!!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Until then here is Peggy's Original Post on Robins Technique if it helps out!

Wet Distressing Tutorial – by Peggy

This question has been popping up in various threads lately. I'm putting it here under its own thread to make it easier to find.

This is what Robin taught me at SwirlyCamp:

First, distress and ink your edges as usual.
            Wet your fingers to dripping and run them against the edge of the paper as deeply as you want to distress. Keep on going all around the paper. When you have all four sides done, the first one should be pliable enough to work with. Start shaping and/or tearing to get the effect you want. I've been basically bending and tearing my edges; the look that I think you want can be achieved more by a sort of folding and crushing motion. (I told you better seen than read, sorry, this is the best way that I can explain it.) When you've gotten the effect that you want, dry it with your heat gun and then ink the edges and all of the folds that you've created.

BTW, Tina has a tutorial using the dry method on her blog: CLICK HERE
            Peggy

When we were at camp Robin just took the paper and stuck it under the faucet the get about an inch of the edges wet all the way around. Then, lay it flat, let the water soak a few secs then start scrunching or tearing how you want. Hit it with the heat gun to dry. then you can hit it with an ink pad to define the wrinkles more. Sometimes she inks the edges first and then you can even distress edges too before the wet technique.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Thanks for tips. I still haven't tried it like that.
              I'm still with a wet q-tip…

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I will also use a paint brush if I want a larger amount of water than what a q-tip will hold.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Thank you ladies! I was going to try wet distressing tomorrow.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

You will love it… I pretty much use water on every single layout I do.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

hmm… i've read this technique previuosly but have yet to try it… will go try it.. seems like fun!

I run mine under the water and SOAK it like Robin showed me. Then I have been using GM on top of that!!

When we were at camp Robin just took the paper and stuck it under the faucet the get about an inch of the edges wet all the way around. Then, lay it flat, let the water soak a few secs then start scrunching or tearing how you want. Hit it with the heat gun to dry. then you can hit it with an ink pad to define the wrinkles more. Sometimes she inks the edges first and then you can even distress edges too before the wet technique.

This is the way i've been doing it!!!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I tried….. over and over…. and can't get it to look like Robin's….. so I gave up and started doing it like Tina's….. dry distressing…..

I'd really love to see how Robin does it again when that tut goes up…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.