Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Excellent Books What are you reading right now?

This topic contains 73 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I'm trying to hurry up and finish The Shining again. King wrote a sequel so I thought I'd reread it. And, I'm feeling like a classic, so I downloaded
      Capote's Breakfast at Tiffany's, which is always a pleasure.

What is everyone else reading?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I am reading Fever. It is by Mary Beth Keane and it is historical fiction about Typhoid Mary.

I'm reading 12th of Never by James Patterson.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I just started reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, so far I'm finding it quite good.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I'll have to check all of these out. I LOVE to read. My list of things I want to read is VERY long. I try to mix up the genres I read so I'm not reading the same kind of book all the time. Since I started scrapping, almost seven years ago, I haven't read as much as I used to. I counted, and last year I only read 19 books!

I just finished The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, and I have the new Henning Mankell and Storm Front by John Sandford. Lots of good stuff. Gone Girl is amazing. Has anybody read Laura Lippman? Her last one, When She Was Good, was one of my favorite books of all time. I read a lot, but I don't like cutsey or romance.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I hear lots of people like Gone Girl. I may have to pick that up.

Sue, you don't like romance? Did you read Fifty Shades of Grey? I hear people love that, even if they hate romances!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I loved the 50 Shades books, I read all three of them and now they have started filming for the movie in Vancouver – don't ask me why they are using Vancouver BC to be Seattle, Wa makes no sense, lol.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I just started reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, so far I'm finding it quite good.

That was a strange but good book. It's a quick read.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I just finished The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, and I have the new Henning Mankell and Storm Front by John Sandford. Lots of good stuff. Gone Girl is amazing. Has anybody read Laura Lippman? Her last one, When She Was Good, was one of my favorite books of all time. I read a lot, but I don't like cutsey or romance.

I'm reading Storm Front as well. I love John Sandford. I am a bit behind in his books though. I am also reading the last Flowers book.

I was supposed to pick up Storm Front today, but there's some icy stuff in Florida, so they shut everything down. Schools are closed, govement offices, everything, just for a little bit of sleet! What a bunch of weenies.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I have Gone Girl downloaded, I'll be reading it soon.

I have a hard copy of the new Stephen King, that will come next.

I don't know why, but right now I'm in the mood for a bit of Dorothy Sayers. I'm reading Gaudy Night.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I love young adult lit for a quick read. The Hunger Games series and Divergent are really awesome. You can plough through them and they are quite entertaining, if you aren't reading for the imagery or joy of syntax. 🙂

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I loved the 50 Shades books, I read all three of them and now they have started filming for the movie in Vancouver – don't ask me why they are using Vancouver BC to be Seattle, Wa makes no sense, lol.

Canada is a great place to shoot movies- very cheap. 🙂

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

I am totally shocked that you girls have time to scrap and read books!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.