Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Excellent Books What are you reading that you can't put down?

This topic contains 62 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I need a new book!!!  I just finished the first in a series and the 2nd book won't be ready until JUNE!!!!  *scream* 

I need to download something to my Kindle NOW!!!!  Help please 🙂

Snagg1
        Send PM

Oh, and nothing terribly sad. I love mysteries and paranormal stuff.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I'm reading a John Sanford book. It's from his Lucas Davenport series.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

What did you just finish? A Discovery of Witches?

I read a great book a couple months ago, maybe my favorite ever, called The Art Of Racing In The Rain. You will cry at times but also laugh out loud. Download the sample chapters on your Kindle, you'll be hooked from the first chapter.

I just screened some for my tween and they were really good – Halo and Hades, we are eagerly waiting for the 3rd book to come out. And now that she has seen Hunger Games, guess I have to read the rest that series too.

What did you just finish? A Discovery of Witches?

I read a great book a couple months ago, maybe my favorite ever, called The Art Of Racing In The Rain. You will cry at times but also laugh out loud. Download the sample chapters on your Kindle, you'll be hooked from the first chapter.

just put a hold on that from the library for an ecopy – it might be about 3 months, but sounds like it's worth waiting for!

haven't read the hunger games yet, but i have the series on my ereader and will probably read them in mexico next month ;D

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Shell, I finished the Hunger Games trilogy in 5 days with a newbo, so take more than that for Mexico!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Lisa, if you've never read the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon…. well, Krissy and I both LOVE it….

Another favorite series is the 'In Death' series by JD Robb… it's kind of like a futuristic Mystery series with some romance…. and VERY well written….

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Thanks ladies! I think I am going to have to read the Hunger Games because my DD and her friends are reading them. One of her BFF's mom took her two girls to see the movie this weekend and said that it really wasn't appropriate for her 10 year old (my DD's BFF). Sooooo, I think I need to read what she is reading. Will be downloading them later. 🙂

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I just finished reading Flowers in the Attic. Just ordered the second one

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I don't know if you've read the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo or the other two books in the series. I just finished the last one (The Girl Who Kicked the Hoets Nest) last night – I couldn't put it down until I finished it – I was up until 3 a.m.!!!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

well the dark hunters by sherrilynn kenyon just rock. have you read the ghost walkers by christine feehan and then there's the black dagger brotherhood by j.d.ward. omg. and then there's lora leigh – breeds series. sigh.

Snagg1
                          Send PM

I just finished reading Flowers in the Attic. Just ordered the second one

That is an old book series.  I read all of them.  Kind of sick and twisted, really.  But, I liked them.

Snagg1
                            Send PM

well the dark hunters by sherrilynn kenyon just rock. have you read the ghost walkers by christine feehan and then there's the black dagger brotherhood by j.d.ward. omg. and then there's lora leigh – breeds series. sigh.

Thanks!  Camping season is coming up and I tend to get a lot of reading done when we camp.  Once I et through the Hunger Games and then the next book in the series I am reading, I will check these out.

craftysprinkles
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

<p>[quote] I just finished reading Flowers in the Attic. Just ordered the second one

</p>
                              <p> </p>
                              <p>That is an old book series.  I read all of them.  Kind of sick and twisted, really.  But, I liked them.</p>
                              [/quote]

I read all of those when I was a teenager- I was obsessed with VC Andrews. I also read the Heaven and Dawn series, which I totally loved. One of my fave that's not a part of a series is My Sweet Audrina- very twisted story.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.