Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff What Do You Want to See?

This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Do you know what you would like to see in patteed paper before we get sneaks?

I have noticed a lot of us are sick to death of over-used themes, colors and images. But, what do we really want?

I personally love the new Glitz with horses and dream catchers because it is so different! I see on the thread that I am the lone wolf on that one.

So, if we are sick of birds, cages and clocks with doors, and don't like dream catchers and horses or chevrons with arrows….what do you want?

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Well, I am not sick of clocks, birds, script, and the like. I love those things. I like the style of the Maja papers a lot, and think they embody what I want- beautiful shades with pattes that aren't going to take over my projects- I want the pics to be the focal point. I'd like to see a lot more die cut papers. I'll think of more.

I agree with Rae regarding the style of the Maja papers and what I'm looking for from companies. That's why I've been searching various online sites looking for what appeals to me and posting links here! What I've really been drawn to recently comes from companies outside the US. I don't want prints so big and/or bold that they either have to be covered up or overwhelm my photos. I'm fine with a good mix up colors from light to vibrant, as long as the paper style is well done.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Well, I am not sick of clocks, birds, script, and the like. I love those things. I like the style of the Maja papers a lot, and think they embody what I want- beautiful shades with pattes that aren't going to take over my projects- I want the pics to be the focal point. I'd like to see a lot more die cut papers. I'll think of more.

I agree with this.

Also, I don't want the cutesy images. I have no purpose for those types of pattes.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I'm with you, Rae!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

These are all good!

The CHA threads just got me thinking about how we scrap and what is or isn't out there for us!

I do think that the muted tones of the Maja work well with a lot of styles.

So, perhaps less thematic all around?

Oh, I love script! If every pp was script, I could work with that! :p

I also love texture. I think that is why Basecoat and the Finnabar pps are so great, they have built-in texture, but not built in distressing…..

Snagg1
            Send PM

I love vintage-wo looking things. I also love vibrant color like the Prima Sunrise-Sunset paper that was in our July kit.

I also love script. I,too, am tired of the Paris themed paper and, like Kim I don't like cutsie stuff.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I have a whole pad of Prima script and I love it. I love vintage items and truthfully I never overdid the Paris thing so I'm still cool with that. Love birds and scrolls and damask…oh damask…how I love thee.

I adore bright colors too. I really like the chevrons and actually was working with a line called For the Record by…basic grey?? Anyway…working with it at camp. I really like it.

Personally I don't like the horses and dream catchers…but I never have. It's like the mustache thing…I don't get it. But that's ok…I don't have to 🙂

I love Finn's papers but I really like to make my own background too and her papers tend to…well it's like the background is already done. Those papers almost steal all the fun! Lol

Personally I love the 7 dots studio lines lately.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Yes, Paris is played out!

I can handle some cutsie, but I don't actually buy much pp on my own! LOL I have too much as it is!

I took some pics of bees the other day and realized that I have an idea of the paper I want in my head, but I don't HAVE it and I can't FIND it. Now, I can ink and mist and stencil until the cows come home, but it still will not look how I want.

I don't want cutsie bee paper with like, buzzing trails and whatnot. Nor do I want bland cream-colored paper with a tiny bee among huge flower images.

It is rough when you can't find what you want!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Are u looking for the French bee image? Almost looks like a bee specimen? You could print an image and or watermark-ish and then spray and ink until what's in ur head is in front of u.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I hate the Paris crap. Who the hell has that many photos to scrap where a giant phallic symbol would look fabulous next to it?

And, I may be in the minority, but I truly welcome the cream colored, bland kind of papers- PERFECT opportunity to bust out the mists and paints and give it the exact color that I want! I am LOVING the Prima IOD line, which is called Paintables!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Oh yes Rae! Paintables are totally awesome!!! Love to make it what I want.

Manda, I think I still have some paper at home that is embossed with a honeycomb patte… is that what you are looking for? Mine is forever old (and 8.5X11) but I'd be happy to RAK it to you.

I too love to make the pp what I want, it is the most fun, but sometimes, you want something different, ya know? I don't want to feel as though I HAVE to ink and mist the pp to make it what I want.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.