Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers What to buy – Cricut, Sizzix, Cuttlebug

This topic contains 29 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Hi,

I had a small cricut which died last week. Now I am wondering since I did not use it as much as I thought I would what are all of you using. I do have the cartridges so I am leaning again towards the cricut but with all the changes I am not sure.

I am open to suggestions and help.

Thansk,

Patti

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I have a small cricut also. I don't use it much! I just bought a sizzix and use it more often. But, you have the cartriges so it's hard to say…lol!! Sorry, I'm not much help! 🙂

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I really like my Big Shot Express. They no longer make it though. The Big Shot is still available. The Expression 2 looks pretty cool. If I didn't have an Expression, I would consider it. I am watching it on HSN. I am like you, I haven't used it much in the past. But with the newer cartridges like oamental iron, I may get it out more often.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I bought a Wishblade a couple of years ago but never use it because it's such a hassle to get set up and I'm not tech-savvy enough for it. I use my Big Shot all the time. Love the Tim Holtz dies.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Hi Angelica and Nanatam,

I do appreciate you responding. My sister just called me about HSN but I do not use a machine enough to justify $400.00. I can always sell my cartridges so that is a plus. I have been thinking about this and really would like a machine to do flowers or butterfies etc to accent my pages, Maybe the Big Shot is something to look at but I am really confused.

Thanks again,

Patti

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Vagabond all the way baby!!!! I have a small Cricut that is gathering dust for the most part. I don't know why I don't use it but I don't. Some gals use it all the time. I just prefer grabbing a die and running it thru the Vagabond. Really the Cricut is so much more versatile in that you can cut whatever size you want etc but just doesn't work for me.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I bought a Wishblade a couple of years ago but never use it because it's such a hassle to get set up and I'm not tech-savvy enough for it. I use my Big Shot all the time. Love the Tim Holtz dies.

Hi Jackie,

I am thinking this makes more sense since I love the Tim Holtz designs too. I have to say I teach on a computer daily and I want something fun and simple.

Thanks for the help!

Patti

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Vagabond all the way baby!!!! I have a small Cricut that is gathering dust for the most part. I don't know why I don't use it but I don't. Some gals use it all the time. I just prefer grabbing a die and running it thru the Vagabond. Really the Cricut is so much more versatile in that you can cut whatever size you want etc but just doesn't work for me.

Hi Maggi,

Now you sound like me. I want quick and easy. I will have to check out this brand. Never heard of it.

Thanks,

Patti

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Oh lordy…here we go: I have a Cricut Expression, a Silhouette and a Cricut. I use my Cricut more than the the other two. As a matter of fact, I rarely use the other two. I am going to put the Vagabond on my Christmas list.

I have a Cricut Expression and a Big Kick. I love both of them and use them a lot. I have to admit though, until Tim came out with his line of sizzix dies and texture fades, my Big Kick was gathering dust.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Oh lordy…here we go: I have a Cricut Expression, a Silhouette and a Cricut. I use my Cricut more than the the other two. As a matter of fact, I rarely use the other two. I am going to put the Vagabond on my Christmas list.

Now I am really confused. I have another expensive hobby – oil painting so I am wondering if I want to invest the money for a cricut or silhouette. Wow I am lost.

Patti

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I have a Cricut Expression and a Big Kick. I love both of them and use them a lot. I have to admit though, until Tim came out with his line of sizzix dies and texture fades, my Big Kick was gathering dust.

I have to say I ove Tim Holtz dies over some of the cricut things. Maybe a sizzix is something to think about.

Thanks,

Patti

Snagg1
                            Send PM

Oh boy I have cricut personal and expressions, cuttlebug, Big shot and Side kick. I use my cricut expressions most often but it depends on what I am making. I like them all and they have different cutting qualities I can't live without. lol.

craftysprinkles
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Hi Cherished,

Wow! I am not sure I am into scrapbooking this much. I guess I should look at what the features are for cutting. Now that makes sense and then go from there.

Thanks,

Patti

Krissy
                              Krissy
                              Swirly Admin
                                Send PM

Ok, I have a silhouette, and epic 6, a revolution and my original sizzix. I got the epic 6 because my old sizzix wouldn't cut Timmy dies.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money I would say the epic 6. You can get it at HL with a coupon. If money is not an issue, I say get the Vagabond.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.