Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff What to do with layouts

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

What do you do with chunky layouts?

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Sue, here's a trick that I leaed here some years ago (I don't remember who posted it, sorry).
      Before you start, cut about 1/8 off two sides of your bottom layer, making your page 11-7/8 square. If you know that you're going to be extra fat, shave off another 1/8, to get a 11-3/4 page.
      Just that small subtraction will allow your layout to fit in an album sleeve very easily.

Any more than that, well, check the flyers from Michael's and Hobby Lobby, etc for bargains on canvases.

Snagg1
        Send PM

Sue, here's a trick that I leaed here some years ago (I don't remember who posted it, sorry).
        Before you start, cut about 1/8 off two sides of your bottom layer, making your page 11-7/8 square. If you know that you're going to be extra fat, shave off another 1/8, to get a 11-3/4 page.
        Just that small subtraction will allow your layout to fit in an album sleeve very easily.

Any more than that, well, check the flyers from Michael's and Hobby Lobby, etc for bargains on canvases.

I put mine in sleeves in an album. Even chunky ones fit. You can't put them back to back in a sleeve like I used to do with my flatter layouts. Peggy's tip sounds like a great idea too!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I put mine in a sleeve and hang them on a 3 ring from hooks

Snagg1
            Send PM

I am hopelessly behind in putting my pages in scrapbooks. I do use the D ring and Peggy's trick for the ones in binders. Sadly,75% are stored in the boxes that kits come in..boxes and boxes..I keep telling my self to take a Michaels coupon and buy one binder a week and get them done but it hasnt happened yet. maybe when i get a scraproom and can have them all on shelves it will inspire me 🙂

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I put mine in a sleeve and hang them on a 3 ring from hooks

Kathi, show her your Hall Tree with the hooks that you hang them on…It is soooo Cool…I am still looking for one every time I go in an antique shop

I want to see the hall tree. That sounds really cool.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I'll take a pic in the moing!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Here's a pic of my hall tree:

[img:width=450&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1389633282_41_FT228761_hall_tree.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Kathi, I just LOVE this idea…Gotta find me one. It just looks so cozy and artsy…Thanks for posting it again, this is even a better pic of it!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Here's a pic of my hall tree:

[img:width=450&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1389633282_41_FT228761_hall_tree.jpg[/img]

How cool is that? What a great idea!

Love this idea, Kathi!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

And so do I!!!!!!!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Very cool idea!!

But in refece to the original question I use D ring binders. I need to get more and should have asked for them for Christmas.

Love the hall tree. I have a tabletop display that holds my most recent ones and the older ones are in the plastic storage bins from michaels. I buy them on sale. I am thinking about putting together a photo album of my projects and having it printed out too, just so I have something smaller and easier for people to look through…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.