Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff What was I thinking?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I have been working on a miniature rocking chair for the past two and a half weeks. I think I am getting aggravated because I can finish a layout a lot quicker. Beginning to think I have to set this to the side and make something so I have a feeling of accomplishment. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Always dear! Especially with mini albums. Just ask the gals from mini camp. I wanted to bu that F-ing (and the F is short for flip…in case u were wondering) banner mini album. It STILL isn't done.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Oh yes. You are not alone, Barbara. I think it's best to set aside a project if you aren't feeling it, so to speak. I used to really struggle with the need to complete a project if I got stuck, and I would trudge through it, never happy with the results. I think it's better to put it aside, and work on something else. The inspiration and/or the want to complete it will come to you.

At any given time I have at least two projects going. Right now I have two layouts in progress, a card, and a Kaiser PTP project that I'm working on. I'm much happier working on multiple things at once. 🙂

And, I agree with you, Andie- minis can be the worst to complete! They are wonderful though.

These are called UFOs (unfinished objects). You store them in the back of the closet until inspiration hits. Someday we could have a UFO challenge, and everybody could finish one.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

That's a great idea, Sue!

Snagg1
              Send PM

I know the feeling Barbara–minis are so cool when they are done but take so much time. Like the others said its good to work on multiple things so if your mojo dies on one you jump to the next. Keep pushin on girl!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

UGH! I have to finish a project even if I don't want to. I force myself…even if I'm in tears. I can't move on to something else. And I can't work on more than one project at a time.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Sue, I like that idea!!!!!

I usually have something waiting to be finished. I figure that if I'm not all that enthusiastic over something, it's best that I leave it and go on to something else. I can always go back later when I know what I want it to be.

Sue..that's a wonderful idea! I definitely have some of those UFO's laying around and collecting dust. haha

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

When I get frustrated I walk away from the project and look at it the following day and that helps out.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Thanks Ladies, I think I will set it on the table to my side and work on it inbetween projects.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.