Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW-Where do you get your inspiration?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Debbie Debbie 2 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    msjan1
    msjan1
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What inspires you to scrap? A picture, a sketch, a new toy, or new papers?

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by msjan1 msjan1.
      Sherrenae
      Sherrenae
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

That’s a hard one for me to answer. The picture perhaps, because I have to have that for it all to come together. I have several printed and waiting to be scrapped when the right paper comes along.

Mostly scrapping is the result of my desire to escape for awhile. Very rarely do things start forming in my head ahead of time, it is all just the result of pushing things around. That is probably good because if I envision something ahead, I never like how it comes out because it doesn’t match my original inspired idea…or more recently I had this wonderful idea formulating and while I still like the idea I no longer want to scrap the subject.

Merrihew
        Merrihew
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

It’s pictures and then the paper. Sometimes the paper inspires me first, especially when a new kit arrives! I start looking for photos that will work with the paper. I have also been inspired by sketches! I go to them when I need to jumpstart my mojo!

luv46kdz
          luv46kdz
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Usually after looking through various galleries or Pinterest, it gets my juices flowing and makes me excited to get busy creating ?

msjan1
            msjan1
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I’m with you, Paula. I look to Pinterest for sketches a lot. Then, of course, when the kit comes I’m super excited to go scrap. All the papers, flowers, and surprise embellies make me want to play!

Peggy
              Peggy
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Pictures, paper, sketches, and the Swirly Challenges actually force me to do a little “thinking”.
                I often go to sleep doing a free association thing, and I get a lot of bits and pieces of ideas that way, too.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

RAE
                RAE
                Swirly Moderator
                  Send PM

I have a folder of pictures I plan to scrap. I wait for the right papers in the kits to use them. It’s usually being inspired by the paper. 🙂

Debbie
                  Debbie
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Mine is the challenges, events and pictures.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.