Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop Where to begin

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

OMG I am in complete of the quality and talent of your photoshop work here girls, I recently purchased PSE8 and apart from cropping altering colour making B&W that is the extent of what I know so my question is where do I begin, should I enroll in a course or are there some great tutorials sites that speak in plain english for a novice like me…thanks

I have several PSE tutorials for beginners on my blog Lali. I also have a whole bunch of my favorite photoshop site links where you can get free actions, textures and view their tuts as well.

Thanks Lisa will check it out

I was in the same boat you're in when I joined SW. I had PSE 5 and had to upgrade because it quit working. I didn't even look at the Photoshop forum very much at first. Then…..I started looking at what the SwirlyGirlies were doing, and I was hooked.
    The tuts here are very helpful. I went to youtube.com and looked at the tutorials there too. I leaed quite a bit there. You can always ask questions here. There are some experts that will help. They have been wonderful to me. Good luck….but be careful!!! Photoshop is definitely addicting!

OK so it an addiction that I should be afraid of lol…more time away from housework lol…thanks for your input girls

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Always glad to help!!! 🙂

OK so it an addiction that I should be afraid of lol…more time away from housework lol…thanks for your input girls

Oh yes Lali, be very afraid. It is intoxicatingly addictive. Boxed Mac and cheese for the family – or maybe even cereal. Mommy is busy now, children. 🙂

LOL oh so true I played with the colour splash on a santa hat and it worked… some very simple but something new for me 🙂

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I love playing with PSE. All the cool things you can do and nothing ever looks the same!! yes, totally addicting!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh, be careful Lali and Ang…..color splash is where we all started out before we got the itch to try CS5…..

I'm waing ya! My little crystal ball says that CS5 is in your future…..!!

Oh no lol

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

LMAO!!! Debbie….I think you may be right…..the FAR future…..heheee!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Just become an expert at PSE and CS5 won't be so hard….it's a little the same….

OK I'll bite what is CS5

It's the professional version of Elements. It's very expensive unless you're a student or a teacher. Then, it's pretty reasonable. It just works so much better, but the leaing curve is steep. I am loving using it….but a really am a novice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.