This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I bought the Epic 6 about a year ago, and I have a question for those of you who have it. My thin clear plate/mat that you use for the Quickutz and Sizzlit dies is completely shot- I cannot use it anymore. I thought I bought a replacement for it at Hobby Lobby, but it is the same thickness as the Cuttlebug Plates (too thick). I have looked everywhere for the replacement, and it doesn't exist?? The only thing that I have seen that didn't come with the machine itself but that you can buy is this thing called a grey flex mat, and I was wondering if it would work instead? Please help me, if you can!! ;D

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Rae, I have an Epic, but so far I haven't needed a replacement. I've tried the Google, but came up empty. Have you tried contacting Quickutz?

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Not yet. I wouldn't need a replacement so soon if I hadn't been making hundreds of cuts for my classes. I thought I would try to see if anyone else knows before I contact them.

I just went to HL and replaced my CB B plates…

Rae,
          I found this info on the Quickutz web page…
          Newer models of the Epic Six come with a grey flex cutting mat rather than the clear one depicted in the videos. The flex mat is used the same way as the clear cutting mat shown in the videos.
          Looks like the grey version is the new replacement. I am in the same boat as Lisa and have used Cuttlebug or Sizzix replacements depending on how thick I needed them.
          Hope that helps.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Rae,
            I found this info on the Quickutz web page…
            Newer models of the Epic Six come with a grey flex cutting mat rather than the clear one depicted in the videos. The flex mat is used the same way as the clear cutting mat shown in the videos.
            Looks like the grey version is the new replacement. I am in the same boat as Lisa and have used Cuttlebug or Sizzix replacements depending on how thick I needed them.
            Hope that helps.

Thank you!! I guess I missed that somewhere! I use the Cuttlebug ones for Sizzix dies, but I need that thinner mat in order for the Sizzlit and the Quickutz dies to work. I guess they figured out that those thin plates suck. I hope the grey flex mat is better. It's cheap too!

Good to know! thanks!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Good to know! thanks!

Ditto!!!!

Double Ditto!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.