Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop Wide carriage printer thoughts please

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  LindaDriggs 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I know we've had this conversation before but who knows where. Anyway, my wide carriage has died and its not worth fixing. Its an HP and I've been quite happy with it but would just like to know if you have a wide carriage and if so, what is it and do you like it? I want one that uses 6 ink cartridges.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Mine is an HP that is several years old. I used to print out all my paper. It's in the closet right now, but it did a good job on what I needed.

What, my dear, are you going to use your 12 incher for??? I'm needing some ideas and inspiration today.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I just bought the HP 2500. It only uses 3 instead of 6 ink cartridges but the print quality if fantastic. It is the magenta cyan yellow which is better than the red blue yellow printers. I would caution you on the Epson 1900(?) Everyone raves about the quality, however the print heads are not located in the carts but instead in the printer. Once they get clogged they are approx. $300 to fix. If you purchase a warranty it's $310 for 3 years (I think it was) the fine print says that they will only service the same type of component 3 times before you void the warranty. Considering there are 5 or 6 heads that means that they will only fix 3 when they clog and then your $310 is worthless and you are replacing the cost of the printer.
        all HP heads are in the cartridges so you replace them everytime you replace ink. No clogs! I went with mine because it has the scanner.

Just a little FYI from my research while I was shopping for this one. Please read the fine print and reviews before purchasing anything.

Good luck!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Oh Andie that is really good info to know as I was looking at the Epson 1900. HMmmm, yeah as it will be a 2nd printer I bet print head clog from lack of use sometimes.

Oh Debbie, I don't know, I've had a wide carriage for years and I don't use it all the time but still, when I want it, I have it. I like printing directly on my SB page. Sometimes I like to blow up a print and print it on 12 x12 and use that as the base page for my LO.

I'm a printer (w)hoarder I guess, LOL!!! I have a wonderful HP Photosmart printer that really does a great job but I miss my wide carriage printer.

Oh Andie that is really good info to know as I was looking at the Epson 1900. HMmmm, yeah as it will be a 2nd printer I bet print head clog from lack of use sometimes.

Oh Debbie, I don't know, I've had a wide carriage for years and I don't use it all the time but still, when I want it, I have it. I like printing directly on my SB page. Sometimes I like to blow up a print and print it on 12 x12 and use that as the base page for my LO.

I just took a look at your mini's again on your blog. I just LOVE your work. I also just read about how Escape Kitty was kidnapped on Jen's LO on sb.c How funny!!!

I'm a printer (w)hoarder I guess, LOL!!! I have a wonderful HP Photosmart printer that really does a great job but I miss my wide carriage printer.

What in the bygosh happened here???? I think I was telling Maggi that I loved her mini-albums and about Escape Kitty. ??????

My fav photography and photoshop instructor uses an Epson 2200 and 2400. That's what he suggested I buy.
          Swears by it and I've seen his unbelievable work. I am thinking about one as well. I am sick of going to Target for my prints that tu out crappola.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thanks Debbie re the minis!! I do love doing them and hope to do another before too long. If April 18th ever gets here, I can start doing some serious scrapping again!!!! Umm, after I get my garden planted that is. And yikes I need to get my mind back on the tax of the day, LOL!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I'm a Canon girl. Always have been, always will be! I use the: Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Photo Printer

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Pro9000-Professional-Printer-9995A001/dp/B000J1HPK8

Snagg1
                Send PM

I don't have a wide carriage, I think, but I do have a Kodak ESP 7200 series. It is wireless. This is my 2nd Kodak and I love the photos. I had a Canon before this and loved it too but the ink cartridges were so damned expensive. It costs me about $28 for the black and color ink cartridges TOGETHER and I get a lot of prints out of them. I swear by my Kodak.

I had bought a canon once and retued it because i thought the ink cartridges were to difficult to get in and out! LOL
                I like simple ( because I am simple) hee hee

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.