Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges WINNER ANNOUNCED – Swirlygirls challenge – Match your style – CHANGE TO RAK AWARD

This topic contains 118 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

CONGRATS TO our winners Jennifer(Jrabs) and Barbara!!! Thanks everyone who played along, you are ALL WINNERS in my swirly eyes!! The voting was really close, but Jennifer won the vote and Barbara won the random.org draw. Thanks everyone for playing along!! YOu each won a gift certificate to the Swirly Store, Krissy will email you to let you know when she gets it set up. Thanks for playing!

Here's a simple challenge for you. Take a photo of a setting in your home. Then I want you to use that picture as the inspiration for your layout considering colors, styling and whatever else trips your trigger. Post your home picture along with your layout in this thread as well as in the gallery.

There will be not one, but TWO RAKS for this challenge. One for your favorite layout and one for the layout that most closely imitates the style of your home. i.e. is your home shabby chic? Then your layout s/b shabby chic. Home traditional, then traditional layout, etc. The RAKS will be gift certificates to the Swirly store!!

RAK CHANGE;

There will be two RAKS, one awarded for the most votes and one chosen randomly among all participants.

The Rules:

– Must be 60% or more Swirly Stuffs

-Must post a photo of your inspiration and tell us how the styling of your layout relates to your photo.

– You may submit more than one layout but you must use a different photo for each layout.

– Layout must be new for this challenge

– Please post here in the forum as well as in the Gallery. Title must include
      “MAY SGC-Style

– Please have your layouts uploaded to the appropriate gallery by midnight EST May 31st.

– Voting begins June 1st. Please PM me your top 2 style matching layouts. Do not vote for yourself or for anyone on the DT. Everyone who votes gets a point as well. I will announce the winners after everyone has had a chance to vote.

And finally, if I've left out something important, someone please tell me. I am a challenge virgin you know!!

Here's my example –

My inspiration photo:

I used cork to make my swirls, cheesecloth and some kind of woven material that i've had since about 2005. I have alot of natural materials in my living room – reed blinds and jute area rugs so these materials are for that styling. My colors are mostly earthtones of brown, gold and some wine color thrown in for punch. There is also a little blue but I couldn't work that into my LO. The arched windows are represented in the LO and I always have something growing in the living room so the flowers fit too. Oh just thought of this, I have a grandfather clock, that would have been fun to put in this styling!

normal_AllourYesterdays_15B15D.jpg

ENTRIES:

1 – Shona

normal_DSC_0051_edited-1.jpg

2 – Jennifer (jrabs)

1305382190_177_FT88611_may_2011_waiting-1_.jpg

3 – Shell

1305483255_35_FT88611_img_7411-1.jpg

4 – Karin

5 – Barbara

1306871673_524_FT88611_dandbob.jpg

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

OMG Girl! I can't put a picture of my house next to yours!!! Your room is out of this world!!! I'd have to clean for a month!!!! (Hummmmm….do I have a friend with an amazing house that I could borrow for a few pictures??? Let me see….)

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Maggi, this is an interesting challenge. I gotta think on this one too. This sounds like fun as soon as I find papers that coordinate with a room in my house.

Lovely! I love the cork swirlies. This is just a grogeous lo!

Maggie this is so beautiful! I love those cork swirlies too! All I have to say….if I post a picture of my house…you will see why all my stuff is distressed…and in big piles…LOL.

Maggie this was an excellent idea. What a great challenge to come up with in such short notice!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

This is not a contest about your house girls, LOL!! Find something in your home that inspires you, it doesn't have to be a whole room and you know if you like cluttered, then a cluttered photo would give you total artistic license!! YOur inspiration could be something as simple as a picture in your home. Does that make it a tad easier for you? Geez, and I thought this was soooo much easier than Jennifer's challenge, LOL!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

awesome challenge Maggi! The one room in my house I would use for my inspiration is my craft/office, which is an absolute disaster, but that is the room that really has everything me. so… I'll post my disastrous office/craft room if everyone else does too 🙂

total gorgeous LO Maggi and totally cool idea.

My house is not really shabby chic….just shabby!

I KNEW this challenge would ROCK!!! I'm in!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Maggie this is so beautiful! I love those cork swirlies too! All I have to say….if I post a picture of my house…you will see why all my stuff is distressed…and in big piles…LOL.

Maggie this was an excellent idea. What a great challenge to come up with in such short notice!

LOL MINE TOO! It's going to be the most cluttered layout I've ever done, lol! Seriously Maggi what an AWESOME challenge and GORGEOUS layout/room to boot! I am totally loving this. And my house is totally shabby chic (ok more shabby than chic, lol) so this'll be fun. Plus how fun to get a peek inside everyone's space! 😀

[quote]

LOL MINE TOO! It's going to be the most cluttered layout I've ever done, lol! Seriously Maggi what an AWESOME challenge and GORGEOUS layout/room to boot! I am totally loving this. And my house is totally shabby chic (ok more shabby than chic, lol) so this'll be fun. Plus how fun to get a peek inside everyone's space! 😀
            [/quote]

OMG! That's what I'm afraid of….I think I can find some redeeming place in my domicile….ah…my new kitchen! That will do just fine….I never cook in there…so maybe I can scrap it!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

ya my house looks like crap too, at east you could have messed up the room a bit…geez Maggi 🙂 hehe

ok this will be fun 🙂

Maggie, you're so creative. Can't wait to see what you all come up with.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Cool challenge! I hope I have time to do this!

can i use a piece of art, or collection of art to inspire me? i don't really have a setting that is a style of one sort or an other.

i actually have started two layouts based on art in my home, so this fits the bill ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.