Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges ~~~Winner~~~ Hello Beautiful Sketch Challenge

This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM
      We hereby challenge you to use the sketch below as your inspiration to create a layout using your Swirlydoos April kit.

You must upload your project to the Hello Beautiful sketch challenge gallery to be eligible for a fab little RAK of scrappy goodness! You have until May 17th to load your gorgeous piece of art into the gallery. There will either be a vote or a random winner – and the winner shall be announced in the in this thread shortly thereafter.

Here is our sketch!  Luv it!

Aprilsketch_zps845e2b83.png

Here is what our designers did with it…

Rae
      AprilRae_zps79c53fca.png

Heidi
      AprilHeidi_zpsfbfdbe79.png

Angelica
      AprilAng_zpsd9c89a52.png

Lisa
      AprilLisa_zpsed864615.png

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Such beautiful examples from the DT, you ladies Rock!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Love this sketch and the DT's pages are amazing!!!!
          Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

This is such a pretty sketch and love the completely different looks from the design team.

I started working on this one as soon as my kit found its way to my house. Just a few phone shots of my cousins goofing off.

[img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1366499109_40_FT205676_phone_shots.jpg[/img]

What a wonderful page Sherri!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Such a cute layout Sherri, Love the layout!

Snagg1
                Send PM

Sherri that is gorgeous!! The pics are too cute. LOL

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Paulien, love your gorgeous avi!!!!!!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

This is such a pretty sketch and love the completely different looks from the design team.

I started working on this one as soon as my kit found its way to my house. Just a few phone shots of my cousins goofing off.

[img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1366499109_40_FT205676_phone_shots.jpg[/img]

Oh, Sherri, I LOVE this: the goofy pics, your strips and chicken wire masking and that totally awesome job of distressing!!!!!!!
                    (So glad to see you back & scrapping, I've missed you!!!)

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Sherri I love the teal and all your bright colored flowers!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Here is my take on this months sketch. When my kids were on Spring Break my husband took the kids on a day hike to Mt Diablo, a mountain close to our house. My kids took these pictures, they are 8 and 6. I thought they took really good pictures, so I decided to scrap these pictures. My kids loved that I used the pictures they took.

[img:width=600&height=589]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1367100931_760_FT205676_img_4254.1_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Here is my take on this months sketch. When my kids were on Spring Break my husband took the kids on a day hike to Mt Diablo, a mountain close to our house. My kids took these pictures, they are 8 and 6. I thought they took really good pictures, so I decided to scrap these pictures. My kids loved that I used the pictures they took.

[url url=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1367100931_760_FT205676_img_4254.1.jpg][img:width=600&height=589]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1367100931_760_FT205676_img_4254.1_.jpg[/img][/url]

Love the pleated paper and that strip of chippie and lace!!!! Your clusters of flowers and pearls against the backdrop of that paper are absolutely stunning!!!!

Oh my goodness Jodie…. What a stunning page that is. Love every little detail!!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Wow, Jodie this is absolutely gorgeous, love how you've done the paper and the flower clusters on either side of the photos are beautiful!

Loved this sketch! This one is doing double duty as an entry in Ang's butterfly challenge as well as here.

The shine in the center is Heidi Swapp Chartreuse spray, which really reflects the light. I colored the wooden leaves with olive Silk paint, and used Jack Frost LSG spray and the pink silk paint in this month's kit on the chipboard frame from my stash. All flowers except for the lacy blue one came from my flower stash… and likely from prior Swirly kits. The letters are Thickers. Distressing done courtesy of the Ingvild tool, which really does some serious distressing!! There's a little cream-colored rub-on butterfly on the left, and a wooden one painted with Silks on the right.

b30e337c-929f-4b2c-9faf-380063084514_zps9dfeffa0.jpg

And this is what it looks like framed.. (sorry for the bad photo.. camera does NOT like glass!)
                            IMG_20130418_201254_762_zps84c89331.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.