Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges Winner of the "Black and White Challenge"

This topic contains 121 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)
  • Author

She has been on a roll this month producing some amazing layouts and one of her beauties was recently featured on sb.com. And here she goes again, producing another amazing beauty by creating an elegant layout using the colors of black, white and kraft. Congratulations Peggy! I have your Addy and will send you your Award Certificate and your prize.

This challenge will consist of the following:

1) The colors Black, White and your choice of a third color;
    2) Your choice of gold or silver as an accent color;
    3) Must design your own background paper:
    4) The twist: must use a non-scrapbook item as a feature; and
    5) Use forty percent (40%) SD products.

Submit your l/o's in this thread and post them in the Gallery under SGC Challenges (make sure you identify the challenge as July Black and White.

All l/o's are to be posted in the Gallery under SGC Challenge by July 30, 2011. On August 1, 2011 through and including August 3, 2011, private message to me your top three (3) votes. Do not vote for yoursellf, you will be given a vote for participating.

Winner will be announced on August 5, 2011.

Here's an example I created using a fleur de lis oament I found in a clearance bin. It was definitely an impulse purchase, I just liked it and had no idea what I was going to do with it, and I'm only too happy to have found a purpose for it. It's a pearlescent buttery yellow color and it went well with the butter yellow cardstock we received in last months kit not to mention it was my Dad's favorite color.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with especially with the non-scrapbook item. Make me proud girls. 🙂
    [img:width=600&height=614]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1309483478_439_FT0_black_and_white_challenge_3_.jpg[/img]

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Oh this sounds fun!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Awesome challenge, Joyce! Beautiful LO!

That's a cool challenge Joyce!! 🙂

Snagg1
        Send PM

Fun challenge and awesome example page!!!

Gorgeous Joyce..And wonderful challenge!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Whoa Joyce!!!! How creative are you!!?!?!? This is an awesome challenge!! I may give this a go!

Gorgeous example page…love love love the fleur de lis oament

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I like the black and white theme. A couple years ago, I was at a quilting retreat where we all had to bring a black and white square to be put into a quilt and drawn for. (I didn't win. !sad) It tued out really pretty though.
            [img:width=405&height=540]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1309485353_550_FT103668_black_and_white_quilt.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Great challenge Joyce!! I Love black and white!! I have a fleur d lis too that I've had for years… also found in a clearance bin, I think a M's! I love what you did with yours, perfect or a masculine page!

Joyce..love this challenge! Can't wait to get started!!

What a great challenge! Love your sample page, it is gorgeous!!!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Gorgeous page, Joyce, and fantastic challenge!!! I struggle with b&w (see my comments about day #3 Prima sneaks), so this WILL be a challenge!!! Thanks!!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I like the black and white theme. A couple years ago, I was at a quilting retreat where we all had to bring a black and white square to be put into a quilt and drawn for. (I didn't win. !sad) It tued out really pretty though.
                  [img:width=405&height=540]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1309485353_550_FT103668_black_and_white_quilt.jpg[/img]

It's beautiful Linda!!

Linda, that is a beautiful quilt!

What a great challenge, and I LOVE your LO!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.