Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges *WINNER* Vicky's August Technique Challenge

This topic contains 118 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)
  • Author

Here is a fun summer challenge with a nice PRIZE (see below)… IMPORTANT NOTE: You don't need to be a Swirlydoos kit member to enter – we love to make new friends on our forum! ***The only catch is that your layout CAN'T be entered into another challenge of any kind.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

#1 – Create a LAYOUT that you create using 2 or more techniques that YOU have NEVER done before… but have really wanted to try.

#2 – Upload your layout HERE in this challenge thread and our online GALLERY no later than August 31st, 2013. (Don't forget to tell us the 2 techniques that you tried for the very first time!)

#3 – Post your layout to at least one online gallery of your choice or a social media like your blog or Facebook and mention the layout was created for Vicky's Swirlydoos August Technique Challenge. (Don't forget to tell us WHERE you posted it too by sharing a link to it when you post on our Forum!)

*OPTIONAL: We'd love for you to look around the Forum and get to know you better by chatting with us online. Never hurts to make new scrappy friends (plus we have a lot of great tips and tutorials on there too 🙂

The winner will be chosen by random draw so anyone can win and I will ship anywhere in the world!

Can't wait to see what you create – good luck!

Here is my example. I used my leftovers from my Swirlydoos July Madame kit to create this layout and tried to push myself out of my comfort zone… and this layout certainly did that for me… paint, goop (AKA paste), bubble wrap stamping, whitewashing, a bit of grunge style and OMG no flowers for heaven's sake! BTW – the young boy in the photo is my dad with his dad (on the left) and two uncles. I used some fabulous Dusty Attic chipboard brick wall pieces, a mini word remember for the title and I used some awesome Dusty in Colour acrylic paints too!

[img:width=600&height=598]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1374973778_1015_FT0_sd_remember_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=409]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1374973778_1015_FT0_prize_sd.jpg[/img]

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Great challenge Vicky. Can't wait to get started.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Sounds fun! Great challenge!

what a great challenge Vicky! I just found my way back to the Swirlydoos's forum and might try this one! Now, to figure out what I'm brave enough to try for this challenge! 🙂

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Vicky, Your example LO is AMAZING! And no flowers…that isn't easy but you did it…WOW

Sounds like a fun challenge and the prize is Yummy!

Love your example LO, Vicky! Awesome challenge!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Your layout tued out so well Vicky ! Your dabbling outside your comfort zone looks very comfortable to you! Love the textures and color.

Nice layout Vicky!

Sweet prize too!

I will have to think of some things to try I guess!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Love the layout, LOVE the challenge!!!!

Hmmmm….

I can think of one as yet to be tried technique that I've been wanting to do; I know that I can come up with at least one more!!!!

This is going to be fun!!!!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Great Challenge Vicky! I love to be pushed outside my comfort zone!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Ooh! Great Challenge!!Hmm..what to try? Need to check out the technique forum and look through my Pintrest hoard..

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Hey, Tracey!!!!!
                    Good to see you!!!!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Great challenge Vicky!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Awesome challenge, Vicky!! What a nice RAK!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Fun challenge! Time to start looking at my Pinterest boards for ideas.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.