Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges *WINNER*Jan.Retro Tapestry Butterfly Challenge

This topic contains 247 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 249 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I think us swirly girls LOVE butterflies….so here is our challenge.

Using the January Retro Tapestry Kit create a layout with any butterflies.

You can share your page here and please put your entry in the Butterfly Challenge Album.
      Please note in the description or title it's for the Jan. challenge.

Please have your page in the gallery by Jan. 30th
      You can enter as many pages as you wish.

***Twist this month ladies. You get an extra point if you use butterflies OR birds from the transparency sheet that came with the Embellie Add-on***

I don't like green but I LOVE this page!!!
      [img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1293907085_12_FT0_100_8815_.jpg[/img]

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Love the Green…great distressing…beautiful flowers and butterflies! Beautiful photo too!

wow wow wow – fabulous page.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

ooooo WOW…that page is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I'll be back with my layout!! I can't wait to use the butterflies that Lisa posted for the kit this month….sadly I won't be able to do the twist…no embellishment add on for me.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

gorgeous ! love the greens too

very niiiice!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I love green AND I love this page, stunning example, Ang!!!!!

i don't do green either, Ang, but i am SO DRAWN to this LO!!! very inspiring!

Holy moly…gorgeous layout, Ang!

Snagg1
              Send PM

I wanted to throw this in just for fun. I love the butterflies that Lisa gave us for this month. They are gorgeous!!!

[img:width=600&height=604]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1293967127_13_FT60547_lakesidedreaminglv_.jpg[/img]

My what big shoes we have to fill, LOL… Great Layout Ang!!! love all the print you used. The butterflies scare me. I'm not too sure with to do with those sheets.

Oh my Lisa. That yellow flower looks velvety real. Is that one you made??? Love the yellow and blue. Great Job.

My what big shoes we have to fill, LOL… Great Layout Ang!!! love all the print you used. The butterflies scare me. I'm not too sure with to do with those sheets.

Nope don't be scared. We are here to help.

You can do a few things with them or come up with something that works and teach us. You can print them on card-stock and glue on or use glue dots….print them on transparencies and attach them with Zip Dry or Glossy accents. Maybe print them on both and stack for a 3-d effect.

Nope – don't be scared. Maybe be overwhelmed at the numerous choices of gorgeous butterflies like I always am.

I wanted to throw this in just for fun. I love the butterflies that Lisa gave us for this month. They are gorgeous!!!

[url url=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1293967127_13_FT60547_lakesidedreaminglv.jpg][img:width=600&height=604]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1293967127_13_FT60547_lakesidedreaminglv_.jpg[/img][/url]

Love this example too. What a bright and fun LO. Those butterflies are just amazing here. But love that photo and that Dusty Attic.

Snagg1
                Send PM

As far as the transparencies are conceed, here are a few ideas for you: You can use alcohol ink on the back side of the image to give it color, or you can cut a piece of patteed paper or card stock to fit behind it.

The flower IS gorgeous and velvety, but I didn't make it…..it came in the kit!!!!! It is made by Petaloo. If you check out Krissy's store you will find a ton of Petaloo flowers and branches. Prima had better watch their backs LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 249 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.