Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Wish I felt like scrapping…

This topic contains 51 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  LindaDriggs 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

This summer has just plain sucked.

I am hoping fall will bring back some mojo along with some cooler weather and rain!

There is a crop at the LSS, I don't even feel like going. 🙁 I wish I did.

I haven't been taking pictures at all, haven't scrapped much to speak of and don't feel like doing much of either.

Maybe these lull's are natural, but I feel bad cause my stuff is just sitting there in my messy room. (That is part of the problem too.)

I don't even browse the gallery anymore. *sigh*

I am hoping that our trip to St Louis will help me to take pictures and I will have a lot to scrap when I get back. But, we shall see.

Otherwise, I am fixing to pack up all my stuff and not even bother with it anymore for a while.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

When I'm in a rut, I like to reorganize or clean up my scraproom. You always feel better when your room is in order! But if that doesn't sound like fun either, than just forget about it for awhile all together. It will come back. I think we've all had our little ruts!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Manda, I was that way last winter, in a total mojo-less funk. It didn't help that I had started to reorganize and had everything pulled apart in random piles all through two rooms and THEN came down with bronchitis.
        I wasn't even coming over here that often…

I finally decided to catch up on reading and to indulge in my now annual wallow in Lost from beginning to end and ignore the piles and ignore the scrapping for a bit.

What cured me (I think) was Spring and longer days and a chance to spend time in PA with my GD. Also, I forced myself to take advantage of Copic classes at my LSS, not just for the leaing but for the companionship of fellow crafters. I'm making progress with the Copic blending and shading and I've met some wonderful ladies there.

So…… I dunno….. maybe go to the crop even just to chat and wander?????

And the St. Louis trip should be JUST what you need. It's a change of scenery, a change of pace, faces you don't see very often…

Meantime, don't force it. The mojo will come back screaming to be heard, I promise 🙂

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I know how you feel. I've just come out of a long rut and the passion did come back for me. Your trip might be just what you need; for me it was being pregnant with DS #3 and feeling guilty that I hadn't done even one LO of DS #2. The other thing that helped me was to sign up for a couple of classes at my LSS – replicating someone else's work instead of doing my own was enough to get my mojo all fired up and indignant. It will come back.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Don't give up Manda; we all have our funks.My mojo still isn't flowing the way it did back in May. I play with the paper a little everyday even if i don't feel like it and then something sparks!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Aww, Manda…sorry you're such in a funk!! I sometimes feel like you do. Who would of thought that scrapping can sometimes be overwhelming? I hope your mojo comes back soon!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Manda- I totally feel you on this I really have no desire to do things but I want to do things. I am hoping this photography class I am taking will help me get my mojo back.

Snagg1
                Send PM

I think what you are going through is totally natural. Sometimes we just need to take a break, even from the things we love. I call it recharging! You are just recharging your batteries. You'll be back and badder than ever! :P

I feel the exact same way right now!! You took the words out of my head! I haven't scrapped in two months and when I have to make a card, it's sooo hard!

When u find some mojo, pass a smidge this way, will ya?

I have mojo…Flower making mojo..I am quilling bleeding hearts right now, I also did a flower that was inspired by Lisa's sunflowers. Tutorial will be up tomorrow. I have to finish the LO I am using the flowers for, which I used the postage stamp background paper I did the tutorial for. Only a sneak though, cause I am working on a challenge LO…

Oh but yes…I too get in a funk that includes lost mojo…It sucks. Usually cleaning up and organizing my scraproom helps to bring it back, or a trip to the LSS to pet new stuff, otherwise I just walk away for a while…

Manda! STL?! It's my hometown! Enjoy while you are here.

Anyway, I am in the same boat. The only scrapping I have done since May was at Swirly camp and the Swirly classes I went to in Chicago. I have not touched the last 2 kits and another is on the way. I go to my scrap room and sit there awhile. Shake my head and leave. Just not in the mood whatsoever. I don't get it.

Usually cleaning up or just playing around making flowers or something helps. Not this time though.

I am sooo feeling what you are going through. I need an intervention.

WOW!! I have some good company at least! LOL

I just feel blah about the whole thing, if I force it, my pages suck, no reason to do that! :p

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Manda, really, don't force it. Just go do something, anything else and let the mojo come crawling back on its own. It will, and all apologetic, I promise 🙂

It will apologize?! Awesome!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.