Home Forums Scrap Chat Product Reviews Wonderful pens – Pilot Frixion

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I was at a quilting retreat this weekend and they demo'd some pens that we all felt we absolutely MUST have! (We kind of went wild over them. LOL) !amazed

[img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1327375503_550_FT0_010a_.jpg[/img]

The blue one is a gel ink pen and the green one is a hi-liter. The special thing about them is that when you write on paper or fabric with them, and then decide that you want to erase them, all you have to do is use a hot air gun on the writing and it disappears like magic. If you're a sewer, and you mark fabric with them, the writing will also disappear when you wash the fabric.

You can make notes to yourself on pattes and then erase them when you're finished the project. I used mine in my 'One Word' layout to mark on my background paper where I wanted to put gesso.

They're great! :p

Snagg1
        Send PM

Ooooohhhhhhhh, I just had a flood of ideas run through my head! Where can you find these?

I used to quilt! My favorite part was picking out the fabric and piecing the designs together. The sewing part….not so much. LOL

Oh LInda Thank You!!!

I need something better for matching my fabrics. Going to have to check these out

Idon't know if it wouldhelp but you can nowbuy markingpens that erase.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Linda, how cool are these!!!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

That sounds cool.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Sorry Lisa. I missed seeing this thread with your question about where to find these. The quilting shop where I was quilting carried them but I bet you could find them at Staples or some other office store also.

I know what you mean about sewing. I FAR prefer scrapping but every now and then I get an urge to make something cuddly for someone. I'm working on a Snow White quilt for Emily (DGD) right now.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Linda, you will be sharing images with us, right? (Please?)

Oh yes, Linda! We would love to see pics of the quilt!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Well sure, I can dig it out and take a pic for you! I only have the top done right now. Need to set aside a day and get the backing on! Just this weekend Emily asked me in a very grown-up voice How's that quilt coming Grandma?. She is being very patient for a 4 year old. LOL.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.