Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Excellent Books Worst book you EVER read :)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I know this is the excellent book thread, but what book did you read that was so bad you don't know how it got published?

I'm in a book club and each month we get together at that month's host house to discuss our monthly book. This book still has us laughing at how bad it was –

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender. OMGeeee! Horrible! The premiss sounded so good, but man bad bad bad!

The Gathering by Anne Enright. Jumping Jahillsafat! This was sooooo bad!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

50 Shades of Grey! LOL!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

50 Shades of Grey! LOL!

Tell us how you really feel.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

You already know how I feel. ;)

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

One book that I thought sucked was Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs. He tried to sell that as an absolute true story, and there were just WAY too many farfetched happenings for one book. I believe that it's BASED on his childhood, but there is NO WAY all that shit happened.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I totally agree with Rae about 50 Shades.

And hmmmmmm…….
                I'm having a senior blonde moment. I cannot recall anything offhand. I'll be back when I remember.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Lol Rae! I love how you describe Running ;) If it comes up as a book club possibility I will be sure to shoot the sucker down!

Believe me, Lemon Cake makes 50 read like Gone With The Wind! There are no words.

John Grisham's The Confession and David Baldacci's One Summer were both crap. I couldn't finish either one of them.

The worst book I ever read was about 40 years ago. I don't remember the name. I never got past the first 4 or 5 pages and I threw it in the trash. The back cover made it sound like it would be such a suspense thriller. The suspense was in wondering if the author knew how to write anything but the F word!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

LOL LOL, OK I loved 50 Shades, pure trash but I loved it.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Lol Rae! I love how you describe Running ;) If it comes up as a book club possibility I will be sure to shoot the sucker down! Believe me, Lemon Cake makes 50 read like Gone With The Wind! There are no words.

LOL! You are making me want to read Lemon Cake just to see! 🙂

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

John Grisham's The Confession and David Baldacci's One Summer were both crap. I couldn't finish either one of them.

I haven't read either of these, but I think that sometimes this best selling authors get complete piles published just because of their name, and everyone is just supposed to love them. Even Stephen King has published complete crap- remember Dolores Claiboe? I got about 50 pages into that, and NOTHING was happening except this old lady shitting herself. PASS.

lol! You are cracking me up! If I get a book I don't like then I can't even finish it and for the life of me I sure can't remember the name of it. It was crap so I can't remember the title! I read for enjoyment only. No way I will read through a crap book.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

LOL LOL, OK I loved 50 Shades, pure trash but I loved it.

I loved all three of the 50 Shades book and really like them. I can't think of any that I've read being crappy but I'm sure there were some.

lol! You are cracking me up! If I get a book I don't like then I can't even finish it and for the life of me I sure can't remember the name of it. It was crap so I can't remember the title! I read for enjoyment only. No way I will read through a crap book.

I agree. I can't remember the name of a book I didn't like, and that is because I put it down and forgot about it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.