Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Excellent Books Your Best Read 2012

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What was your favorite book you read in 2012? Mine was My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I read stories that were more entertaining and riveting this year, but this one had the most impact on me. As a mother of a special needs child, this book really hit home, and it gave me insight to how my other children might feel having a medically fragile sibling. It's a tear-jerker for sure.

Hmmmm it wasn't a new book in 2012 but def one of my all time faves! A book called Angela's Ashes talk about emotional! I felt for those kids so much!
      I would love to read that book Rae! i will soon! I read one called I know this much is true about brothers and one had shizophrenia and it was really good!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Hmmmm it wasn't a new book in 2012 but def one of my all time faves! A book called Angela's Ashes talk about emotional! I felt for those kids so much!
        I would love to read that book Rae! i will soon! I read one called I know this much is true about brothers and one had shizophrenia and it was really good!

I love that book! I had to read it a long time ago for a history class I took.

It doesn't have to be a new 2012 book, just something that you read this year. 🙂

Believe it or not..all I read is craft books :o) I try to buy at least one every month or so.

My favorite one this year was Mixed Media Girls with Suzi Blu.

I loved the CD that came with the book. It was so inspiring!

When I read the book, I read it from cover to cover, I just couldn't put it down. Love Love Loved the drawing lessons. And her examples and tutorials taught me so much in doing mixed media backgrounds.
        This isn't just a book of drawing girls..it's full of art techniques, has loads and loads of color pencil tips, acrylic tips, and wax tips.

She is one great artist and her style of teaching is just plain fun!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I loved The Hypnotist by Lars Kepler. It's a fast paced thriller and has you guessing to the end!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
            Send PM

hmmmm, I've been reading a LOT, but mostly hot, sometimes erotic books. *wagging eyebrows*

I really liked:
            * Wallbanger _OMG LOFL book!! I was crying I was laughing so hard

* Boycots and Barflies – another LOL book

*Pulled – I cried a lot, but what a good story

*The Unwanted Wife – another book I cried through

*Knight and play – waiting for book 2. GAH!

*Fated – was pretty decent

*The Edge of Never

*The Neighbors From Hell Series – another funny set of books

*Wait for Me

*Down to You – LOVE THE COVER – yum

*Love Unscripted/Unrehearsed Series

*Love you to Pieces – another nice cover

*The Discovery of Witches – When the HELL is book 3 coming out!!!!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Well, I finally restarted SK's 11/22 and then devoured it.
              Mystic River by Dennis Lehane (an oldie, I know.)
              a couple of Jason Ffford's Thursday Next books
              The Devil in the White City by Eric Larson

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn was probably my fav of the year.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I meant to pick that one up and then forgot all about it, Kim. Thanks for the reminder.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I meant to pick that one up and then forgot all about it, Kim. Thanks for the reminder.

Peggy, do you read your books on an e-reader?

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I LOVE Mystic River. That is a great story. I have read that twice.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Me too. I will put that on my list. I feel like rereading some other books. I adore Snow Falling on Cedars. If you haven't read that, you should.

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

[quote]

Peggy, do you read your books on an e-reader?
                          [/quote]
                          I like real books still, but do have some on my Kindle. For some reason, if I think that I'm going to end up wanting to reread in the future, I'll get the book. If it's light reading, I love the Kindle and I realize that this makes no sense at all.

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

LOL, Peggy!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.