Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Your Story Machine / Binding Machines

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Has anyone used these? My pages are so chunky that when I do put them in an album I am only able to put 10 or less in each and then the book won't close flat. I don't think these will close flat either because it doesn't look like it has an expanding spine. It seems like there must be metal in the spine and it gets crimped so hold all of the pages.

I know some of you use D-ring binders. Do they really protect the whole 12×12 or does some of it stick out?

Nothing sticks out of my D ring. They are 12×12 in size. 🙂

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

What Lisa said. They are made to hold 12 x 12 layouts. I confess to filling mine as much as possible, so they're pretty wide at the mouth (!) but that's the point. I have about 20 or so pages in each album some 2 to a sleeve, some not, depending on the fatness of the pages.

I find that the D-rings don't hold enough for me. I do travel LO's and want each trip to be in one or two albums

So what do you use Kathi?

Someone needs to invent something better for us fat scrappers! (snort) LOL (I mean fat layout scrappers not fat butts)

I still go with the post albums.I can get more fat LO's in them by expanding the posts

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Kathi, do those expansion kits work well? And how wide can you make them?

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I haven't used expansion posts, but one time I bought these expansion things that were similar to zip-ties, and they were a waste of money. I bought them at Michaels.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Yes, that's what I bought, total pos.

I tried them also..total waste

if you get the expansion posts you can make your album as wide as as spine will let you. i use albums that have slide in spines they're not attached to the album.

I've used those Pioneer strap expanders, and they works pretty well. I've not used them to expand an album with all our swirly goodness in in yet…

If I don't quit ruining LO's I won't need another album….of any size….Geesh!!!

So what do you use Kathi?

Someone needs to invent something better for us fat scrappers! (snort) LOL (I mean fat layout scrappers not fat butts)

i prefer the term 'phat' ;)

I prefer Phat too ;) LOL!

I have baby Phat uniforms!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.