Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Zonked

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I just finished babysitting for one of my son's friends. Two darling sweet little girls. One is 8 mos and the other is 2. And I only watched them for two and a half hours! Holy cow have I forgotten what it's like to do that! The little one is breastfed and hates the bottle. The older one is EVERYWHERE. Thank goodness my dear sweet husband was here to walk the baby a bit here and there while I was keeping track of the 2 year old. I volunteered to do it for four Mondays in a row while mama goes to a cake decorating class with her mom. Wowza!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Those ages will keep ya busy for sure. I find that taking care of my own kids at someone else's house is a nightmare. Maybe the kids would be more comfortable at their own house while you watch them? Just a thought. 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Those ages will keep ya busy for sure. I find that taking care of my own kids at someone else's house is a nightmare. Maybe the kids would be more comfortable at their own house while you watch them? Just a thought. 🙂

YES…. Best advice ever. My babies knew what areas they could play and more toys to keep them busy.

Under 3 years is a tough age. When I was taking care of little kids, I had a 1-year old, 2-year old, two that were 3-years and, a 4 and a 5 year old. That was six kids under the age of 6-years. I was soooo but out after a year of that Mon-Fri 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. Now I only take Kindergarten to grade 4 before and after school care. That is until I go back to work (marketing job) in a year when my own daughter starts grade 1 🙁

Snagg1
            Send PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I have thought that it might make it easier be good to have them at their house. I guess I was just surprised that I wasn't more pro at it after having raised my own kids.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

It's not that you aren't a pro! I'm sure you are, but your house was baby/kid-proofed when you had your own!

It's not that you aren't a pro! I'm sure you are, but your house was baby/kid-proofed when you had your own!

Ohhh yes that would make it so very difficult!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

And you just may have been a bit younger…
                Seriously, their energy is boundless and yours isn't, even if they're not a handful…

But it must be nice having babies around for a bit, isn't it?

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

You find out real quick that it's not as easy as when your younger.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

So true you guys! I need someone to give me a bottle–teehee

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.