Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 08/02/2016 Your Superheroin

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    talkis
    talkis
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Well, I was not of idea of chronicle this evening… Then my boyfriend, sat next to me spirit to play a video game of Batman, inspired me!!!!

Why do not wonder who is your Superheroin or Super-heroine preferred?! I know well, you go to tell me that that no report with the scrapbook…. And nevertheless, why not to be inspired by our heroin to make a creation?!?

Yes, yes! We could take the color combo! Use the name in our title! Put the logo somewhere on our creation!

That shows us that we can really be inspired of anything!
      What do you think about it?

From my part, it is difficult to choose… I like the logo of Batman! And also Capitain America in blue, white and red could make magnificent creations with stars!!!!

I often know we are less attracted by the super-heroes male but I found you logos of batman feminine.

And you?????

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by talkis talkis.
      Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Cindy….
        I like this question; let me think about this for a while!!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Bec
        Bec
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Good question Cindy.
          I don’t have a favourite superhero. I never watch any movies like that as I have never been much of a fan.

Although I’ve never watched an avengers movie I do like to see pics of Thor ? he’s so hot

Bec
          Bec
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

null

Mmmmmmmmmmm so hot

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Bec Bec.
            droopidog
            droopidog
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

null

Mmmmmmmmmmm so hot

That is one of my favorite scrappy movies. That is also one of my favorite pics. YUMMY!!!

Kim
              My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
              http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Peggy
              Peggy
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Oh my!!!!!!

And I have an answer, but for reasons that will become apparent at the time, I’d like to tell you all about it in another week or two. Let’s just say that I may be taking a trip way outside my comfort zone 😉

lindapekrul
                lindapekrul
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Oooo… Peggy… you have me intrigued!

I don’t watch superhero shows either… but that Thor is looking pretty “super” to me!!

As a child, my favorite was Batman. I liked him and Robin and their butler… and I loved the Batmobile for some reason!!

msjan1
                  msjan1
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

hmmm…what’s Peggy up to?

talkis
                    talkis
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Amazing for THOR I love this pic lol
                      And for Peggy I’m curious!!!!

Bec
                      Bec
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Yes Peggy what do you have planned. I’m not sure we can wait a week!!!! Maybe we need some hints ?

Angelica
                        Angelica
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I’ve always loved Superman! Dark hair and blue eyes….mmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

Peggy
                          Peggy
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Well, I’m hoping a week. I’m in dithering mode right now and I have to finish my RR page first.

msjan1
                            msjan1
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

You better get on that RR, Peggy. Everyone is talking smack!

Peggy
                              Peggy
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

So. This question really had me thinking, because I never really had a Super person. When I was growing up in the 50’s, I suppose I liked Wonder Woman more than the others because she was the ONLY female character. And that’s my point – I really wasn’t aware of the many, many women who make up Super Characters today.

Anyway, like I said, Cindy’s question had me thinking and THAT made me use the Google. And oh my goodness!!! As I was looking over all of the images, this one stood out because Cindy had also posted a color challenge. (Google moviepilot.com/posts/3334322 & scroll down to #14.)

Well, the wheels and gears in my head started turning and this is what I’ve come up with.

Yes, this doesn’t look like the Psylocke image; I was more inspired by the colors and the flow of the picture. Somehow, it made me remember the Free Spirit stencil that I bought after using one at Swirly Camp and then never used.
                                I’ve applied several coats of black gesso to a canvas and when it was dry, I applied 3D gloss gel through the stencil and let it all sit overnight. Next, I coated it with Prima mist in Chrome, dried it with my heat tool and swiped it all with a baby wipe in a circular motion.
                                And then came the dithering, lol. I knew that I wanted feathers and I knew that I wanted to dig into my metal pieces. I picked out some bottle cap and flower shapes that were left from the Camp #2 project last summer, glued them together, and colored them with a mixture of 3D gel and mica powder. Donna shared a bling sheet with me last summer and it was perfect for the headband.
                                I colored some seam binding with Lindy’s mists and then I started adhering it all down in fits and starts until I was finally satisfied.

***Thanks, Cindy, for forcing me to really, really think outside the box; this was a lot of fun to create!!!!!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Peggy Peggy.

StephD
                                StephD
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Peggy this is amazing!

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.